Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Monday

I am not a fan of Mondays. At all. They are a constant reminder that my weekend is over.

This weekend was a pretty wonderful one.

During lunch on Friday, I drove around with the sunroof wide open in Mommacita's car. I've had Miss Daisy while my sweet Betty has been home in NC on medical leave. But, I should get her back at Thanksgiving. I tweeted this photo on Friday and told Mommacita she might have to fight me to get her car back - the sunroof is HUGE!



After work on Saturday, I took a super quick shower and dashed off to meet the newest "littles" in our Gamma Phi Beta family. My GL helped me surprise everyone. For a few moments I felt like I was back in college. Oh, nostalgia.



On Sunday, le boy and I took it easy and played pretend - like we used to do a lot. We walked around the furniture store and dreamed of the future. And then we went to the new grocery store and geeked out over all of the specialty foods and cheeses.

Later on, I convinced him to go to the mall - oh let's be honest, it doesn't take much convincing. We went into J.Crew and tried on fall clothes. Our favorite season of all! We both fell in love with these ensembles.

I talked about this sweater and vest in my Dear Santa post. I decided to try them on, "hoping" maybe I wouldn't love them as much as I did when I just browsed online. Well - that plan failed. I have gone from "love" to "obsessed!"



Isn't he just the cutest?!



It's about time to run back to work, but I just have to throw out one more tid bit of info... One month from today is le boy's birthday!!!

I get so so excited when this time of year rolls around! Since I am 18 months older, from April to October we appear to be 2 years apart - I'm 23, he's 21. But as of October 26th he will be 22 and I'm 23 - until April rolls around at least. HOORAY!!!

I've already got his present wrapped and ready! Plus a few Christmas presents for family and friends in the pile.



Live life - even Mondays - glamorously,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment