Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fall Weather - Fall Decor

After 2 months straight of 100+ temps, we've had wonderful Fall weather for the last week or so. This glorious weather caused M and I to decide it was time to decorate.

I copied Mommacita's idea and have a Fall tree in my living room.


I will post more pictures of the rest of the decor soon, but I really wanted to share with you my favorite decoration - and it's one that is totally DIY!

I am hooked on this wreath. Marcus and I were out shopping at a store in OKC where each booth is a different vendor. Well, we got to the wreath booth and the "owner" was there demoing how to make the wreath. Rather than paying to have one made, we decided we could do it ourselves.



To be cost efficient, M and I decided we would make two of the same wreath for both of our apartments.

Here are the items we had to start: 2 of the wreath "hardware," 2 rolls of the "poof" material and one roll of accent material.


The first step is to tie the material into the twist ties. When you move from one to the next, you take about 10-12 inches of material in your hand, "poof it" and then tie the end in your hand.

This is what it looks like when finished.


Next, we cut short pieces of the accent ribbon, folded to make a bow and tied them into the twist ties as well.

This is what it looks like after doing the inside circle only.


For a fuller, more glam-effect, we decided to put the accent ribbon around the outside too.



This wreath puts a smile on my face and makes me so excited for the season. We will be making another one for Christmas as well - it is SO easy to do.

Live life (and decorate) glamorously,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment