Monday, September 19, 2011

It's so much more...

Currently on my kitchen counter, I have the October issues of Vanity Fair and Vogue, and my time at the gym was spent watching Project Runway. All this fashion got me thinking... Shopping and fashion are about so much more than purchasing.

It's storytelling. When I browse through stores or try on my selections, I think, "Where am I going? Who am I with? What will people think when they see me wearing this?"

Fashion affects the way you walk, your swagger and your stance. I might sluff around when I'm in sandals, but I don't slouch when I'm in heels. Heels give a girl confidence.

Shopping is an emotional experience. Clothes have value beyond the monetary cost - "How many manicures did I forgo so that I could buy this skirt? How many times did I walk by the window just to catch a glimpse of that sweater?"

Sometimes cost doesn't equate to value. I have a dress from H&M that was under $30, but I act like it's gold. Why? Because not only do I get compliments on it, but it transforms the way I feel about myself, and that is priceless.

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment