Welcome to my new blog! I got my blog start with "Olive My Life!" Now, I'm back in the blog world and ready for a new blog-venture!
A quick update on where I'm at now in my life...
I am a twenty-three year old trying to navigate my way through this big-girl world. I graduated from college in December 2010 and have had amazing experiences since. Starting in January 2011, I worked as the Inauguration Manager for the seventeenth president of Oklahoma City University. Following the event in April, I started as an Account Planner at an advertising agency in Oklahoma City.
10 things you should know about me:
1. I have the most supportive parents.
They spent many years - and long hours - at dance competitions, allowed me to come out of college completely debt free, encourage me wholeheartedly to go after my dreams (even though those dreams have changed a lot in my 23 years), and they push me when I need to be pushed.
Oh! And more than likely, on the blog they will be referred to as Mommacita and Papas - when I was in my elementary school Spanish class, we learned that many confuse Papas (french fries) and Papa (father) - of course, I decided to call my dad Papas - and it stuck.
2. I am a bit dramatic and love attention - as you can see, it started at a young age.
4. I love to proofread - I get really excited when I find a typo in a book or on a resume that someone drops off at the office - is that mean? I don't intend for it to be!
5. I am slowly becoming a chain-restaurant snob. Oklahoma City has a big "local" scene, and I absolutely love it. We even have a "Keep it Local" card that offers discounts at various local establishments.
6. I made the best friends in college - and I have no doubt that we will be friends for life.
7. I love, Love, LOVE to shop. "I love to have my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet" - Carrie Bradshaw
8. I am obsessed with all things monogrammed. It's almost a sickness...
9. I treat everyone like a best friend, instantly, upon meeting them... it's after I get to know them that I decide whether or not we will be friends. Le boy (who I'm about to "introduce" you to), always laughs at how I make friends with waiters, small children and salespeople. What can I say, it's who I am!
10. And the best thing for you to know about me - at least in my completely biased opinion - is that I get to date my best friend.
Meet: Marcus, Le Boy, M, "the Marcus," My Sweet Boy, Buggie (insert eye roll here... haha, I promise not to use that pet name on the blog) and Mad Dog - that was an accidental nickname by Mommacita and her friend Abby.
After being "just friends" for a year and a half, I told him my theory on guy/girl friendships - at one time or another, one or both will have a crush on the other - "I mean, I had a crush on you when we first met." - Me. Two days later, he wrote me a letter saying that he had liked me, and he still did, but he was nervous to tell me and ruin our friendship. After a week of talking it (to death), we decided it was worth the risk to dive headfirst into a "more than just friends" relationship. Here we are a year later, and I'm head over heels in love with this boy.
I am so excited to share my journey to live a glamorous life after college! Thank you for coming along, and I can't wait to interact with all of you!
Live life glamorously,