Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Moderation? It's not for me.

I had another Fashion Week post prepared for today, but I couldn't get the topic of "moderation" off my mind.

I hesitated prior to writing this post, but I decided to go through with it because this blog is about me. It's honest.

I have never been a master of moderation. Ever.

I love big and hurt deep. I have a loud laugh, and when I cry, I cry hard - no single glistening tear for this girl. I don't play games that I'm not good at - ask anyone I work with - you'll never see me at the foosball table. When I danced, I did it 15 hours a week. And when I stopped in 2009, I stopped. When there is conflict in my life, "everything is fine!" or "it's the end of the world." When I am seeking someone's approval, I will ask... and ask... and ask until I'm certain I have it. I am an independent girl through and through. I try to be less of one, especially now that I'm in a relationship, but it's really hard for me.

I don't really know what it says about my personality that I don't have a happy medium in many areas of my life, but I like to just think that I am a passionate person.

I have a very clear picture of what I want my life to be:
I want glitz and glam - I want fashion and luxury - I want to be wildly successful - and I want a wall of shoes

But at the same time, and possibly on the other end of the "glam" spectrum:
I want to be happy - I want to have lazy days - I want to be a good cook - I want to be the kind of Mom mine was to me (well, this is glam, but it's a real fear that I won't be as good as she was/is) - I want to be crafty - I want to laugh and have fun - I want to always be best friends with M - and I want days where I don't wear makeup

Maybe one day I'll find balance, but for now, I'm happy living this wild crazy (no moderation) life!

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth

p.s. I think my love of fashion and glamor started at a young age. Thanks Mommacita!!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Elizabeth. Love reading your blog in the mornings before I get going for the day. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love little E!!! You were too stinking cute. I found the cutest picture of us ice skating when we were little. And, moderation ... what is that!?!? Haha. Great post and much looove. Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete