Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elizabeth - in the kitchen

While watching "The Next Food Network Star" and listening to the contestants talk about their viewpoint, I thought about what mine would be.

I am not a fan of leftovers - and most recipes serve 4 people. Sure, I could do the math and divide by 4 to make a meal for myself, but that is just asking for trouble.

So, if I were competing to be the next Food Network star, I would do a "meals for one or two" show. Most college graduates need to make the most of their meals - and their money. Although the demographic might be a bit specific, I think the show could appeal to a vast audience.

Okay. So, in all reality, my dream of being a Food Network star is highly unlikely. However, that does not mean that I cannot live the glamorous food show lifestyle in my own home.

The other day I wanted to make Mommacita's chicken salad. The text conversation went a bit like this...
Me: Hey, will you send me your chicken salad recipe?
Mom: Which recipe?
Me: Your recipe.
Mom: I just mix and taste.
Me: Wonderful.
Mom: I can tell you what's in it though :)

Well, ladies and gents, I'd like to tell you that I have nailed down a RECIPE for:

"Mommacita's Mix and Taste Chicken Salad"
- Meat from 2 rotisserie chickens
- 4 Tbl. light mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. sweet relish
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 a small vidalia onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste

Want to know how I make it glamorous? I prep all the ingredients ahead of time so I can mix swiftly and with ease.



Serve with Reduced Fat Wheat Thins and a Diet Dr. Pepper - alongside some beautiful flowers (The florist next door gave them to me for free! Sweet, right?!)



I hope you make your time in the kitchen a little more glam - and tasty of course!

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment