Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Three-Tiered 25w25 Update

Over the weekend I addressed three of the items on my 25w25 list!

1. Try new recipes
I found a recipe for Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles on Pinterest and thought I'd give them a try. This was my first time browning butter, and I didn't burn it!! It was also my first time baking with Greek yogurt.

The cookies turned out pretty delicious, but there are definitely a couple of changes that I'll make next time. For example, I don't think the caramel really enhanced the cookie - they didn't melt like I'd anticipated they would. Also, next time I'll only roll the snickerdoodle dough in sugar before baking - the ground cinnamon flavor was a bit too strong.









I also made these Almond Toffee Butterscotch Blondies. I've got a sweet tooth that rivals all others, but boy, these blondies were rich! I'm not sure why the recipe calls for it to be a pie, maybe I'll try it again and make them in a 13x9 pan.



2. Throw a party inspired by one of the ideas I've pinned on Pinterest.

Well, because I waited until [nearly] the last minute to address this goal, I decided to use this pin as inspiration for our girls night movie night -- especially since we were going to watch "A League of Their Own."





Brandi brought over Pop Rocks and neither Kimmy nor I had ever tried them. 


The many faces o' Pop Rocks.

 

We also experimented with Jamberry nail wraps. Well, I gave up after only one nail, but we had lots and lots of laughs during the process!




In addition to "A League of Their Own," we also watched "Can't Buy Me Love." 

Man, I love the 80s. Young Patrick Dempsey, yes please!!

I love a good girls night, and I had an absolute blast with Kimmy, Jilly, Sissy and Mal. [Think I'm a fan of nicknames?] I'm already ready for the next one -- so much fun!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment