Tuesday, April 29, 2014

If I could do it all over again...

My dear friend posted the following on Facebook over the weekend:


I have always been someone who had multiple things on the list of "what I want to be when I grow up."

  • Doctor
  • Math Teacher [Algebra to be specific]
  • Lawyer [Remember how I said I can quote the opener of Law & Order? This was that phase]
  • Dance Studio Owner
  • Rockette
  • Champion for Childhood Cancers
  • Broadway Star
  • Physical Therapist
  • Travel Blogger
  • Any position at the Food Network
  • Head Event Coordinator for NY Fashion Week
  • Magazine Editor [I actually took the GRE to go back to grad. school for this one]
  • Copywriter
  • Physician's Assistant [Told my mom I was seriously thinking about this one on our flight to NYC for me to audition for the Rockettes in 2012. My timing is stellar, I tell ya]
  • barre3 Studio Owner
  • Stationery Designer

I think that about covers the biggies. Clearly, I have a wide array of interests, but I think you can boil my passions down to the following:
  1. I have a passion for helping children who are battling illness
  2. I want to use my brain
  3. I love entertainment
  4. I love to move (dance, barre3, etc.)
  5. To me, there is something so beautiful about words on paper

But, back to my friend and her Facebook post...

It was so interesting to me to read all of the different responses from people - both those from people I knew and complete strangers. It was an awesome "exercise" because even though we are perfectly thrilled with the lives we are living, there are certain desires deep within us that still live on. 

My answer:


[please ignore that hideous typo: Broadway]

I happened to be on my way to the orthopedist when I read the post, so I have a feeling that influenced my answer, but I've always had a bizarre fascination with the bones of the body. In fact, I can still name most of the ones I learned in Anatomy class my senior year of high school. #Dork

If you could go back and do it all over again, would you change anything? Let's say you wouldn't, play the game that Julie started on Facebook, what parallel universe fire still burns inside of you?

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment