Thursday, April 24, 2014

Child of the 90s

Want to know what's awesome about being a kid in the '90s?
This buzzfeed list covers some good ones.

Things I remember about being a '90s kid:

  • Dawson's Creek
  • TGIF - Full House, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Family Matters, etc.! 
  • Beanie Babies - God bless my parents
  • Skip-it
  • Water Snakes - as seen here
  • Superman, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher 
  • Talkboy
  • Screaming myself hoarse at a Backstreet Boys concert
  • Being obsessed with finding the perfect pair of denim pedal pushers - like the ones Topanga wore in Boy Meets World. 
  • Dunkaroos - yes, I loved opening my lunchbox to find vanilla Dunkaroos.

Want to know what's awesome about being an adult in the 2000s?
The internet.

You can find recipes on Pinterest that tell you how to make the Dunkaroos icing.

But, know what's better than that?

Finding a box of vanilla Dunakroos from some dude in Canada on eBay.

That's right. I bought a box of Dunkaroos on eBay. And I paid more for shipping than I did the actually cookies. I was totally like a kid on Christmas when the box finally arrived!!





Maybe it's my sophisticated, grown-up palette [sarcasm] but man oh man, that was some sugary sugared sugar masquerading as icing.

One quick glance at the ingredients had me reaching for an Organic Squeeze juice in my fridge. I mean, this box definitely qualifies for "if you can't pronounce it, you probably shouldn't eat it!" 


Maybe some childhood memories are best left in childhood. It's a wonder I didn't have any cavities as a kid!

All that being said, I'm definitely taking the Dunkaroos to work today to share with the crew. Why should I be the only one that gets to relive childhood?! [I have a feeling that I'll be exposing a co-worker or two to Dunkaroos for the first time!]

I wonder what I'll remember from the second decade of the 2000s...

xoxo, E


1 comment:

  1. Water Snakes!! I had NO idea what those were called. I had the kind with creamy stuff inside. It would settle to the bottom, then you could shake it up and it would be all swirly. Also, Beanie Babies were supposed to help pay for my college. They are presently sitting in a large tote in my parents garage.

    ReplyDelete