Time is a funny thing. It feels like our family vacation to Hawaii and our girls weekend in NYC for the 4th of July was eons ago, yet I can't believe it's almost time for our second Starlight Supper event!
How is it that days can drag but moments with my family are fleeting? Time, you are a tease.
Someone asked the other day if I've started compiling my 26 while 26 list. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about whether or not I would continue this project into year 26. I've loved it - it's super fun to have something to work towards, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd have the same motivation to complete the list again.
Hm, this just occurred to me... I might do an "Adventures to have" list. I've been feeling that desire creep up on me - like it does a couple times a year - to have an epic adventure. [I use the term "epic" pretty loosely here folks. It could be as simple as a spur of the moment day-trip to Dallas. I'm easy to please!]
Okay, so back to the present, back to 25 while 25.
Here's the current standing of the "yet to be accomplished" items:
1. Train for and run a half marathon - 37 days until launch!
2. Dine/Shop at 15 new Keep it Local retailers/restaurants
I've got three more open slots on my list, but I've already decided where I want to go to complete it!
3. Try 15 new recipes - seriously?! what was I thinking when I came up with this one? Know thyself, Newton. Know thyself. Luckily, I've had a couple friends jump in and save the day with suggestions! I have 6 recipes to cook in the next 29 days.
4. Go for a run along the river in Tulsa - I've got a day-trip penciled in for this Sunday with my Chelsey!! I'm beyond giddy that she'll be in town!
5. Throw a party inspired by one of the ideas I've pinned on Pinterest - honest moment? I keep forgetting this one is on my list. Durnit.
6. Read 5 new books - I just started #5 this week. Now, if only I could force myself to choose reading over sleep...
7. Fly a kite - Who wants to go with?
8. Donate blood - who would have thought this would be the most tried & failed item on the list?! Well, I finally have an appointment to give blood on March 24th.
Long story short, I put the wrong year for my last cancer diagnosis which made me ineligible to donate until March 1. Well, then I had a biopsy done on March 6th and I wanted to wait for the results before scheduling. But I am cancer-free and ready to donate!
9. Put on the ol' tap shoes and (re)learn the "Moses Supposes" choreography - remember when I posted I was scared to open the door on this one? Well, in addition to that, I'm scared to put even more strain on my joints and injure myself before this half-marathon. So, once again, I'm changing an item on my #25w25 list!
Replacement - Watch 5 of the movies that people just can't believe I've never seen!
[Thanks Sis for helping me compile the list]
1. The Breakfast Club - watched March 16
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - watched March 16
3. Pretty in Pink
4. Say Anything
5. A League of Their Own
10. Put $25, at a minimum, in savings every month - still going strong on this one!
11. Learn how to make sushi - class is scheduled for April 8th!
So, it looks like I've got half of my list remaining. But, there is a plan in place! Oh geez. Slow down time, I've got lots to accomplish!! xoxo, E