Tuesday, October 15, 2013

VIP, part 1

I planned on starting this series back before my multi-month hiatus, but that didn't exactly happen. The other day I decided to do a little behind the scenes updating on the blog. Notice the new social media buttons on the right sidebar? Well, I also added a page for my "bio" that I finally found the inspiration to write! There are also pages for the work that I do and the VIPs in my life. Well, here is the first feature and soon-to-be-addition to that page!


Brandi and I first met last year, before I started working at Downtown OKC, Inc. Once she and I became co-workers, all bets were off and a strong bond was formed! She and I are a lot alike, and after a couple of days of noticing more and more instances of our similarities, we started calling each other "twin" - eventually it turned into "sissy" - and now it's simply "sis."

Q: Okay sis, what's your first memory of our friendship?
A: We first became friends in Minneapolis! I would say trying to find the restroom in the building where we ate crepes was my first real memory of us becoming friends!


Q: What's your favorite B and Lizzie moment?
A: This is almost impossible as we have had so many incredible moments together! Although driving around Bricktown with the windows down, singing as loudly as we possibly could, definitely sticks out! (Playlist included: Bellas Finals & Single Ladies)

Q: What three words do you think I'd use to describe you? ;)
A: Funny, honest, selfless :)
  • Note from Lizzie: I think she cheated on this one. She sent her words to describe me for my "About Me" post and asked what words I'd use to describe her. I'm pretty sure those are the three words I sent her in reply! The "selfless" descriptor is funny because she and I both admit that we are selfish people. However, you guys, there is no friend in my life more selfless when it comes to helping me than my sis - well, she ties with Ferr, but they're both in great company!

Q: What do you think it is about us that makes us such good friends?
A: I think that we know what the other person needs. If one of us gets upset with the other, we can talk about it and move on. We feed off of each other well and we can spend literally hours... and hours... and hours... together and still laugh and have an amazing time!

  
  

Alrighty, now it's time for the fun questions! Ladies and gentlemen, a rapid fire with my Sis...

Q1: What items are always in your bag?
A: Sunglasses, Chapstick, cell phone, gum and a perfume rollerball!

Q2: What items do you have duplicates of? Maybe too many? (ie lipgloss, koozies, etc.)
A: EOS lip balm. Really, any kind of lip product: gloss, balm, Chapstick, lip stick, chubby sticks! And nail polish!

Q3: What are your favorite 3 iPhone apps?
A: Instagram, Facebook, and sadly… Candy Crush.

Q4: What songs are in your top 5? Yes, you can only pick five.
A: Eek! This question is so difficult for me. I LOVE music so much! And I love such a different variety of music; I often find it difficult to pick favorites! As of THIS EXACT moment:
  • Baby, I Love Your Way – Peter Frampton
  • Linger – The Cranberries
  • O Children – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
  • The Dance – Garth Brooks

Q5: Who are your 3 favorite follows on Instagram?
  • Bar Refaeli – @barrefaeli – I am obsessed with her. She is absolutely gorgeous and is always posting bikini pics. She motivates me to have the perfect body. And by motivates I mostly just mean “makes me think about working out for two seconds before I finish my chicken fried steak…”
  • Amanda Hearst – @amandahearst – I’ve been slightly obsessed with her for several years so I was very excited when she got an Instagram. Annnnd… I’m a stalker!
  • Barron Hilton – @barronhilton - This one was a little more embarrassing for me to admit, but he lives an incredible life. He travels, has the cutest dog, surrounds himself with beautiful people and posts pictures of delicious food!!

Q6: What is your favorite movie? Okay fine... you can pick 3.
A: I’m not even sure how to answer this question. Like music, I loooove movies! I can’t decide if I should list the movies that I could watch every single day on repeat or the movies that really impacted me in some way.
  • Splendor in the Grass – This movie is perfection. Natalie Wood. Warren Beatty. Young love. I’m not sure what it is about this movie that really gets me, but I cry every time Deanie goes to visit Bud at the end of the movie. It leaves me feeling heartbreakingly optimistic.
  • Clueless – I could literally watch this movie on repeat for the rest of my life. I would not even want to attempt to guess how many times I’ve seen it. I could recite this movie to you. Seriously.
  • The entire Harry Potter film collection. I should not have to justify why!

Q7: What's your dream vacation destination?
A: FIJI! I will get there one day!

Q8: What skill or talent do you wish you had?
A: Is flying a skill or talent? If not, I would love to be a professional chef. If you’ve tasted my food, you realize this will never happen.

Q9: If you could spend a day doing absolutely nothing but what you want, what would you do?
A: I would sleep in! Spend the day online shopping, watching movies, listening to music and reading a good book with the windows open and a thunderstorm to keep me company.

Q10: What 3 items in your closet/dresser/vanity could you not live without?
A: My Prada bag, NARS blush, comfy pj pants!

Q11: You like to cook - what are your specialties?
A: Bahaha. Question 8 makes this question funny. I do LIKE to cook, I’m just not very good. I would say that I make a mean caprese salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. My favorite thing is the goulash my mom has been making since I can remember! Also, I make an amazing fall pasta salad; Can’t wait to make it!!

Q: If you could only have 1 genre of food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
A: Meat. I have a very deep love for red meat.

Q: If you had three wishes, what would they be?
  • The ability to fly!
  • Selective mind-reading. I would love to be able to read people’s thoughts, but you definitely need the power to only read minds at your discretion!
  • Telekenesis!

I love my Sissy more than words can say, and she has been there for me in SO many ways over the last 392 days. She is also a fan of the blog, so it only seemed fitting she be the first VIP feature! xoxo, E (Sissy & Lizzie)

  
  
   


2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Friendship is priceless!! Brandi is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, this is amazing!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! My week is officially MUCH better because of you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete