Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hashtag Confluence Con

Hashtag. SEO. Tweet. Clicks. Voice. Brand.

Confluence... a conference for bloggers and digital influencers.

Here are a few pics from last Saturday... As you can see, my bag was full of all the goodies any girl needs to be adequately prepared for a creative conference: padfolio, biz cards, multiple pen options, water and DDP. 

  
  

I walked away from the conference so energized and with a handful of creative ideas bouncing around in my head. Quite a few of my friends were at the conference, and it was also really great to meet some of the people that I've only interacted with on Twitter.

One of the highlights - and things I was most looking forward to - was hearing from Erin and Tim Cooper, of Cooper House. They talked about blog design strategy -- and I definitely took the most notes during their session. It was jam-packed full of useful information!

Tim talked about how important it is to define your content type and be purposeful. One of the things I struggle with most is trying to balance posts that are word-heavy/introspective and those that are fun/lighthearted.

I still haven't quite figured out what people want to read most -- a classic concern of a people-pleaser! -- but I suppose it's more about what I feel compelled to write and share.

Thanks to the event hashtag, I was able to keep up with some of the sessions I missed in the afternoon since I wasn't feeling well and went home early. This tweet grabbed my attention:


Vulnerable. Open. Honest. Real. That's what I'm going for.

I had such a good time at Confluence and am grateful for the many talented speakers! I'm ready to put in to practice the things that I learned.

xoxo, E

PS - here are a couple pictures from Ferris' presentation - he had so many stories to tell from his many years in the radio industry, and it was awesome to be a part of helping him put together his session.


My favorite part of the presentation was 100% improvised. Ferr started off by saying that, as a radio guy, he was totally out of his comfort zone standing in front of a room full of people to talk. He then walked behind the screen and started talking. Funny man. I was just quick enough to capture this moment before he walked back out to start his "formal" presentation... 

Mr. Radio Rockstar's shadow in the bottom right corner


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed our talk! It was nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete