Tuesday, October 22, 2013

VIP, part 2

It's time for the second installment of my VIPs. This lady has been in my life in so many ways over the last few years: peer, supervisor, peer again, friend, confidant, therapist, advice-giver, career role model, tough-love giver and tough-love recipient... to name just a few!


Q: What's your first memory of our friendship?
A: This is a tough one! I'm not sure that I can pinpoint the "moment" that we became friends. But, one of my favorite early memories of our friendship would definitely be hanging out in my office at OCU giggling, telling stories, and making Sharpie notes for each other. I mean WORKING. We were WORKING! ;)  

  
  

Q: Favorite Kimmy and Elizabeth moment...
A: Dinners at Saturn Grill (one dinner in particular) or GO GO Sushi. That's where all the serious discussions take place and lots of real, honest talk!

Q: What three words would you use to to describe me?
A; Thoughtful, creative and encouraging :)

Q: What three words do you think I'd use to describe you?
A: High-maintenance, silly and caring
Note from Eliz: Yes, Kimmy... I would DEFINITELY say "silly!"


Q: What do you think it is about us that makes us such good friends?
A: Well, first of all, we are practically the same person in so many ways - thoughts, feelings, concerns. But we are also interested in so many different things that it ALWAYS gives us something to to talk about or to open the other person's experiences to.

  
  

Now, on to the rapid-fire question round with Kimmy!

Q1. What items are always in your bag?
  • Cell phone
  • Sunglasses
  • Chap stick/lip gloss

Q2. What items do you have duplicates of? Maybe too many? (ie lipgloss, koozies, etc.)
My lip gloss obsession is out of control! Between that and nail polish - I always see a new color that I have to add to my collection!

Q3. What are your favorite 3 iPhone apps?
  • Instagram
  • Wunderlist (I'm such a list maker!)
  • Feedly to keep track of my blogroll!

Q4. Who's your favorite music artist? Yes, you can only pick one.
Right now that is most definitely my Sar-Bear...Sara Bareilles. I saw her live for the first time in August. I've always been a fan, but the concert in August was one I won't ever forget!

Q5. What's the last book you read?
The Fault in Our Stars.

Q6. Who are your 3 favorite follows on Instagram?
  • Bob Gail Events - @bobgailevents - GREAT event inspiration photos!
  • Chirps and Cheers - @chirpsandcheers - I love beautiful stationery!
  • Best Photos of Hawaii - @hawaiistagram - I can't ever get enough of the islands that captured my heart!

Q7. What's your dream vacation destination?
Ireland - I want to get there sooner rather than later!

Q8. Do you have a secret talent?
If I told you about it, then it wouldn't be a secret! :-P

Q9. If you could spend a day doing absolutely nothing but what you want, what would you do?
Wake up without an alarm clock, start the day with coffee on my back porch and a good book, light shopping, fun wine lunch with friends, barre3 class, and then dinner with Erick!

Q10. What 3 items in your closet/dresser/vanity could you not live without?
  • leopard print scarf
  • black yoga pants
  • hair ties

Q11. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Oooh I'm not good at this. Hard-working, silly and thoughtful.
Note from Eliz: I'll help :) Loyal, kind-hearted, generous, dedicated and a dear friend!

Q12. If you had to select a signature drink, what would it be?
So many options! Something with either champagne or St. Germain

Q13. Do you have any nicknames? Must tell the story.
I've had a lot of nicknames! Most are given to me and over time they just stick! Kimmy, Kimbo, Big Red and Captain Kim...just to name a few! Big Red and Captain Kim are from high school when I was the captain of my high school dance team. Not sure if those are flattering or not, haha!

Q14. What are your top 5 must-read blogs?
  • Live, Laugh & Lunch in Louboutins of course! ;)
  • A. Liz Adventures - http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/
  • The Small Things Blog - http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/
  • The College Prepster - http://www.thecollegeprepster.com/
  • Hi Sugarplum! - http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/

Q15. Walk me through a typical weekday evening... (one where you aren't working lol)
A typical weekday evening includes coming home and wrestling with the pups, catching up with Erick and hearing about his day, dinner, a glass of wine and catching up on our DVR! The most relaxing and wonderful part of my day!

Kimmy has been such a dear - and valuable - friend. She has always made time for me when I've needed advice, professional or personal. She's totally my person! Love you Kim!! xoxo, E

  
   



No comments:

Post a Comment