Monday, October 28, 2013

VIP, part 3

Kelly and I met at my first big-kid job after college. I'm not sure if I ever told her this story or not, but I guess she'll hear it now :) I remember looking through photos on the company's Facebook page right after I got the offer; I wanted to get a lay of the land and see what I was walking into. When I saw pictures of Kelly, I assumed that because she was so pretty and so well-dressed, that she'd also be snobby. It feels SO silly to write that now... what was I thinking?!

I can't remember when we first became friends, but once we did, it was obvious that my initial thoughts of Kell couldn't have been further from the truth! Well, she IS pretty and well-dressed, but she's anything but snobby. She is the most kind, thoughtful, generous and giving friend a girl could ask for!

Oh, she's also a SUPER talented graphic designer, artist and quilter!


Q: What's your first memory of our friendship?
A: You texted me, kind of randomly, asking if Wes and I would like to go out for dinner. It was the very first time you and I had ever hung out outside of work, and I was so thrilled and flattered that you extended the invitation! We, of course, had the best time that night.

Q: Favorite Kell and Elizabeth moment...
A: Our many dates at The Sushi Bar or Old School Bagel Cafe that included laughter and tears.
Note from Eliz: This is one of my favorite things about Kelly -- she's a crier, just like me!


Q: How would you describe our friendship in the beginning? Now?
A: I think, like many friendships, ours has evolved since the beginning. We know each other on a deeper level now. I know I like being able to rely on you for support and advice when I need it. Don't get me wrong, we still have fun like we did that first time we hung out! I look forward to the years of friendship to come :)

Q: What three words do you think I'd use to describe you?
A: This is a toughie! Perhaps... humorous, creative, and ...insane?

 

Q: What do you think it is about us that makes us such good friends?
A: I think we have a lot in common, yet at the same time, we are different enough to not only find each other interesting, but to also learn a lot from one another. (i.e. You're so organized and social. Me? Not so much)
Note from Eliz: I totally agree that we learn a lot from each other - It's funny to think back to where I was when we first met, and how talking about similar circumstances, or past experiences, have brought me to where I am now!

And now, the rapid fire question round with Miss Kell:

1. What items are always in your bag?
  • Cell phone
  • Sunglasses
  • Eye drops. That's how boring I am. Have you told you about my multiple eye issues? My eye drops are as necessary as the next girl's lip gloss.

2. What songs are on your most listened to playlist?
I ADORE music. I like all kinds of genres and bands. Currently, my most-listened-to tracks are "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic, "Drunk Last Night" by Eli Young Band, and "January Wedding" by The Avett Brothers.

3. What's your dream vacation destination?
Either Alaska or back to the Jamaican beach. You can't beat a beautiful, relaxing beach.

4. Do you have a secret talent?
I have double-jointed fingers? It means they are super bendy. It tends to gross people out, hence, it's a secret.

5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
You're so going to make fun of me. When I was young, what I wanted to be when I grew up was a dog. No joke. You heard me right. A dog. I would curl my fingers under my hands to make "paws" and crawl around the house on my hands and knees barking. My poor parents. It's a wonder they never sent me to a therapist. As I got older, and wiser, mind you, my desire transformed into wanting to be a veterinarian. (You might take a few seconds to dry your eyes from the hysterical laughing before continuing on.)

Note from Eliz: OMG.... I mean... just OMG. Speechless. Laughing so hard!

6. If you could spend a day doing absolutely nothing but what you want, what would you do?
Shopping, drawing, sewing, and some plain ol' TV watching with the hubs.

7. If you could only shop at 3 places for clothing, where would you shop?
Target, LOFT, and Gap. Target is so my go-to, btw.

8. What 3 items in your closet/dresser/vanity could you not live without?
Yoga pants, a flowy cardigan, and SmartWool socks.

9. Describe yourself in 3 words:
  • Creative
  • Considerate
  • Lighthearted

10. Do you like to cook? What's your specialty?
I do! I make many excellent pasta dishes, as it is one of my faves. I also have great Chicken & Rice and Black Bean Enchilada recipes. And by "I have," I mean I found on Pinterest and successfully reproduced.

11. Do you have any nicknames? Must tell the story.
I was a tomboy growing up, so my Dad always called me Buckaroo.

12. Walk me through a typical weekday evening...
If it's a good day, I swing by the gym on my way home from work. I then feed the dogs and make dinner. I might work on a sewing or drawing project if the mood is right. Otherwise, Wes and I will walk the dogs and veg-out in front of the TV.

13. What are the staples in your fridge?
  • Milk
  • Tea
  • Eggs
  • Hummus

In the process of working on this post, I realized that Kelly and I don't have any "real" pictures together. We are in a variety of photos together from the agency, but none that were intentionally the two of us together -- these are two of my favorites! 



Moral of the story? Kelly - we need to take pictures together ASAP! 

Some days I wish we could go back to when we worked 15 feet from one another, gabbed on iChat all day, had lunch together and said "See you tomorrow!" every evening. I love my Kell and am so blessed to have her as a VIP in my life! 

xoxo, E



No comments:

Post a Comment