Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I remember when...

I am forgetful. I forget to call my handy man; I forget to fold the laundry in the dryer; I forget to take my trash can to the road on Monday nights; I forget the details of certain "big moments."

I'm forgetful, but I remember when I first knew that Julie Porter was going to be an important person in my life.

If you ask me about the moment that Julie and I became friends - true friends - I can recall it with perfect accuracy. We were sitting in a local coffee shop having a meeting for an upcoming event. The meeting went drastically off course, and at the conclusion, I made the foolish decision to walk up to Julie and ask if she was okay. You guys, I should've known better. If I'm upset and someone asks if I'm okay, the floodgates open. Well as it turns out, the same was true for JP that day. I remember standing in the ladies room of said coffee shop as she cried and vented, and then apologized for crying and venting. After the tears were done and we walked out of the shop, I knew a special friendship was not only possible, but probable, with this blonde spit-fire. 

Fast forward a couple of months. I'm in a new job and my boss takes me along on a happy hour meeting... a meeting with the one and only JP... the first time we'd seen each other since the coffee shop bathroom fiasco. As they say, the rest is history. 

There are no words to describe Julie. Truly, she is the most thoughtful, kind, giving, positive, loving and generous person I've ever met. Her smile and laugh light up the room. And she has the most amazing way of looking you in the eyes and saying something you don't necessarily want to hear, but you know it's coming from the deepest place of love and desire for your best interest. 

Well, Julie married the love of her life this weekend. She has said so many times that Kasey is her perfect match - he doesn't push her buttons and he knows how to temper her. Lord knows I can't wait to get to know JP's mister better in the coming years. And you guys, his cooking - well, let's just say I keep begging him to teach classes. Best hummus and eggplant parmesan I've ever had. Don't even get me started on the homemade pizza and ice cream, too.

Okay, enough of my jabbering - enjoy the beauty that was Julie & Kasey's wedding day!



  
   

This picture of Julie and I is such a perfect candid. We took a "posed" pic together and JP goes, 
"E-Liz, what does my dress look like in the picture?" Thanks Lacey for capturing the candid. 
I think I love it more than our "real pic."




  



As it turns out, Harn Homestead has a "functioning" cow pen... naturally, Lacey and I had to explore!




This picture brought me to tears. It's aboslutely stunning! I am so glad I was able to be a part of this special day for one of the best couples I've ever known. Their love is the love that you dream about! xoxo, E-Liz


1 comment: