Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Currently Loving

I had an unexpected date with an ice pack and Advil last night. I had a really great 4.5 mile run - completed in 46 minutes and 10 seconds - and I decided that I wanted to give the last tenth of a mile all that I had. I took off running as fast as I could.

Hindsight is 20/20. My Achilles is killing me, and I'm praying that the ice and Advil will have it healed ASAP.

Next time, I'll remember that slow and steady wins the race.

So last night, while I was immobile and icing my aching foot, I got to thinking about a few of the things that I'm currently obsessed with.

One: Nicely Noted
My friend Kelsey sent me a Facebook message the other day and introduced me to the stationery subscription service that her friend started, Nicely Noted. Naturally, this is right up my alley and I can't wait for my first package to arrive!


Two: Kate Nash's "Nicest Thing"
I heard this song on Pandora the other day, and for some reason it caught my ear. I am bizarrely in love with it.



Three: Windows of New York
Seriously loving this graphic designer's take on NYC - "The Windows of New York project is a weekly illustrated fix for an obsession that has increasingly grown in me since chance put me in this town. A product of countless steps of journey through the city streets, this is a collection of windows that somehow have caught my restless eye out from the never-ending buzz of the city. This project is part an ode to architecture and part a self-challenge to never stop looking up."

  

  

  

I googled a few of the addresses to see if the windows actually exist. Seriously cool stuff!

Four: Billy & Jimmy
My ultimate dream came true last week - Billy Joel & Jimmy Fallon together AND singing!! I have watched this no less than 10 times. Love!!!



Five: Impulse shopping due to childhood
I made an impulse buy on eBay yesterday. I bought something that transports me back to childhood. The item itself was $5 and I paid $10 in shipping. You guys, it's going to be totally worth it. Or it'll be wildly disappointing because I've built it up too much in my memory. But in the meantime, you'll have to wait in anticipation to find out what it is!

I hope you've also enjoyed these obsessions of mine. Happy Wednesday!!
xoxo, E


No comments:

Post a Comment