So, over the past few days, I've been making a list of the things that make me happy. It's hard to be anything but happy when you are face to face with a long list of things to be thankful for!
So here's a sneak peek at a few things on the list:
- Pressing "stop" on my stopwatch app at the end of a run
- Doing the math and figuring out that I broke my 10 minute mile streak and hit a 9.5 minute mile! [this happened during last night's run]
- Curling up in bed, or on the couch, to watch the latest episodes of my favorite shows
- Dancing around the house with the music turned up way too loud
- Clean, fresh-from-the-dryer sheets on my bed
- Longer days with abundant sunlight thanks to Daylight Savings Time
- Jimmy Fallon - simple as that - he makes me laugh to the point of tears!
- Hour meetings that turn in to two-hour meetings because there are so many awesome things happening in our city that need to be talked about
- Along those same lines, hour meetings that turn in to 10-minute meetings because everyone is so on top of their game
- New music playlists
- My friend Kelly's awesome dog portraits!!
- Friendships that feature honesty and confrontation out of love
- Manicures & Massages
- Sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris - or my Aunt Lynn's kitchen
- Candles from Blue 7
- Reading blogs
- Online window shopping
- My family & friends
- Kraft Singles - random, I know
Sometimes all it takes to be happy is taking the time to recognize the blessings in life!!