Thursday, March 13, 2014

What Makes Me Happy

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about happiness. I've been trying very hard to act the way I want to feel. And - shocker - it works!

So, over the past few days, I've been making a list of the things that make me happy. It's hard to be anything but happy when you are face to face with a long list of things to be thankful for!

So here's a sneak peek at a few things on the list:  

  • Pressing "stop" on my stopwatch app at the end of a run
  • Doing the math and figuring out that I broke my 10 minute mile streak and hit a 9.5 minute mile! [this happened during last night's run]
  • Curling up in bed, or on the couch, to watch the latest episodes of my favorite shows 
  • Dancing around the house with the music turned up way too loud
  • Clean, fresh-from-the-dryer sheets on my bed
  • Longer days with abundant sunlight thanks to Daylight Savings Time
  • Jimmy Fallon - simple as that - he makes me laugh to the point of tears!
  • Hour meetings that turn in to two-hour meetings because there are so many awesome things happening in our city that need to be talked about
  • Along those same lines, hour meetings that turn in to 10-minute meetings because everyone is so on top of their game
  • New music playlists
  • My friend Kelly's awesome dog portraits!!
  
  • Friendships that feature honesty and confrontation out of love
  • Manicures & Massages
  • Sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris - or my Aunt Lynn's kitchen
  • Candles from Blue 7
  • Reading blogs
  • Online window shopping
  • My family & friends
  • Kraft Singles - random, I know

Sometimes all it takes to be happy is taking the time to recognize the blessings in life!!
xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment