Instead, here's my thought-filled Tuesday. Or as some might call it, a total brain dump.
- I am pretty darn sore today. That's what yesterday's lunchtime Zumba and after work Barre3 will do to a girl. It's all going to be worth it though!
- Last night, Vicky and I knocked out a bunch of details for her October wedding. I can say without any hesitation that the details of her wedding are going to be outstanding. With a goal of not doing what's all over Pinterest (not that there's anything wrong with that), there are definitely going to be some creative ideas at this shindig.
- On a semi-related note, Brandi agreed last night to help me with the event setup for Vicky's wedding. She doesn't quite know what she's in for. But it's going to be SO gorgeous once every favor is in place... every (surprise filled) balloon is inflated... every napkin is folded into the perfect "Kate Spade bow." Can't back out Brandi - you already accepted the calendar request! ::wink wink::
- My dad gave me his really nice digital camera to use for a while - so be expecting a beautifully photographed recap of my NYC trip later this week.
- As for now, here's the Instagram recap! This was one of the best trips Mommacita and I have had to date. I was not ready to come home at all. And there might've been a few tears shed once I got home on Sunday.
Momma and I hit the streets of NYC decked out in red, white & blue for the 4th of July.
We also had our new Kate Spade bags - twinsies to the max!
The fireworks by the Hudson River were awesome. It was a humid evening, but such a fun memory!
We spent the first half of our Friday and Saturday on an open air bus tour of lower and upper Manhattan.
On Friday, we saw my darling friend Daniel in "Motown." He's the one in the hat. Turns out I knew 2 more people in the show as well. I first met Tiffany (also in the picture with Daniel and me) the same summer I met Daniel! Crazy small world. The guy in the red shirt was the lead in "Motown." Such a nice guy! We chatted while I waited for Daniel to come out of the theatre.
Momma loves her Daniel. We've seen him in 3 of the 4 Broadway shows he's done, and we will be going back this Winter for his new show!!
Food interlude: No trip to NYC would be complete without a stop at Serendipity. Brandi requested macaroon cookies from some hoity-toity Parisian bakery on the Upper East Side. Momma and I took this opportunity to try these delicate cookies for the first time. Not bad!
Our final show of the trip was "Kinky Boots." I've been listening to 2 of the songs from the show non-stop. They're so catchy - gotta love Cyndi Lauper!
Happy Tuesday friends! xoxo, E