Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Perks of the Job

I made the shift from advertising back into the events world this past April, and it has definitely given me some amazing opportunities! Here's a run down of the 5 best things about my job as an event planner!

1. I've had the opportunity to deck out my office with all of the things that I love!

Pictures of family, sweet notes, and some button love for the Thunder!


Super cute file folders, Missoni for Target box, "E" coffee mug from KM, personalized staionery from QN and my biz card holder that M gifted me from last year's Festival of the Arts!


Giant "E" and custom made pillows by Mommacita!


And finally, the latest addition, this beauty that M painted for me! ADORE!

2. For the last 9 weeks, I've been able to play with arranging beautiful flowers for a weekly cocktail event! I've gotten so used to these beauties that I might have to continue the weekly tradition in my home!


 3. I get to put on awesome events like a summer movie night series! They've been so well received! We even had someone arrange to show a short movie he made to propose to his girlfriend last week!!
 
 
4. The "media" perks have been pretty great as well.

I got to do an interview on the morning news promoting the start of our summer events. You can watch it here: KOKH FOX 25 :: Morning News - Terre at the Botanical Gardens 4

I submitted a picture that I took of the Gardens to Lamar Outdoor for their photo contest. In addition to being selected to appear on the board, they also sent me a mini of my billboard. It's proudly displayed on my desk!


5. Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is the amazing people I get to work with. Especially the various music guests we've had at our events this summer. It's fun to meet knew people and form new relationships!
 

Sometimes in the craziness of life, it's nice to reflect on the things that make it awesome! Happy Tuesday!
xoxo, E

1 comment: