Monday, August 27, 2012

Highway to Half Marathon - Week 1

December 2nd is D-Day. It's the day that Mommacita and I will pray that our little legs and feet will carry us the 13.1 miles to the finish line of the St. Jude Half Marathon!


This will be my second time training for a half marathon, but the first time to actually run in one. 2 years ago, I was well on my way in the training program to run in the 10th Annual OKC Memorial Marathon. However, I got food poisoning on my birthday (2 weeks prior to the race) and that put a serious hitch in my giddy-up.

So, here we are, back at it again! And I'm so excited to be running for a cause that I've supported for a few years now. I planned out my training schedule in my awesome planner, which officially begins 2 weeks from today, but I definitely need to start running to prepare for the intense schedule.

With that being said, today is the start of pre-training training! M and I will lace up our tennis shoes this evening and start pounding the pavement. Sore muscles are likely and great music is a given!

 

I'm pumped for this adventure over the next 14 weeks! Let's get running!


xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment