Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Midweek Randoms

I totally feel like I'm playing catch up today. It's my first day back to work after returning from an awesome long-weekend in NYC with Mommacita! To say that I'm teary to have left my best friend on the East Coast feels like an understatement. I'm heartbroken.

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you have probably seen many of the highlights from NYC that I'll be sharing tomorrow, but as for today, here are the random thoughts rolling around my brain!

1. I miss my mom... did I say that already? She makes me smile so big, and there is no shortage of laughter when we're together!

 
2. I plan to finally switch over from a NC driver's license to an OK license this weekend. I'm pretty sure I will shed a tear over this breakup. I love my NC license! It's a weird thing to love, I know. But alas, after living (primarily) in OK for 4.5 years of college, and now full time for almost 2 years post-grad, it's time. And my license still says "under 21" on the picture. Eek! Time for this 24 year old to buck up and make the change!
 

3. I am loving my new "H" bangle from Bridier Baubles. Seeing the package on my desk when I arrived at work this morning made it a wee bit easier to be at work!

 
4. Can we please talk about the fact that I pulled into OKC last night at 1:30am after my flights from NYC - via Charlotte - to Dallas... and then the 3 hour drive to OKC. I finally fell asleep at 2:30am... Boy, I am tired!

5. I did a lot of reading this weekend. It's amazing what you can do for your brain when your iPad doesn't have wifi connection and you can't watch episode after episode of Pretty Little Liars! I started and finished Beth Harbison's "Thin, Rich and Pretty," and now I'm on to Emily Giffin's "Where We Belong." I started it last night at the airport, and I'm already half way through!


6. Fall is my favorite season by far - I love the colors, the weather, all of the yummy pumpkin goodies, college football and Thanksgiving! Bella started to get in the mood for Halloween at Pet Smart last week when I dressed her up as a pumpkin. Gosh, isn't she the cutest?!

 
7. I am uber proud of M for getting the marketing internship at Sonic Headquarters!! Everyone please keep him in your prayers that this will be an amazing experience and that it will help set him up for great job opportunities following his December graduation!


P.S. I have to give him major credit here for being such a good sport about taking this picture, I definitely embarrassed him, but I'm not sorry - I'm just so proud!

I hope you're all having a great week so far! It's lunchtime, so we are officially half way through the week!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment