Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Between Light and Dark

One of the recently checked-off items on my 26 while 26 list is "take a photography class."

When I came up with this item for the list, I had absolutely no idea where I'd take the class... I was just hopeful that I'd figure it out over the next 364 days. Needless to say, I was super excited to see that Ely Fair was going to be teaching a class!

I signed up for the class in early November, so my anticipation was building for over two months. The class totally delivered!

Elyse was so kind and brought a little gift for each of us in the class. She "teased" us with this photo on Instagram -- I immediately took a screenshot, sent it to my mom and said, "That's me!"


I'm sure you're dying to know... "What's in the box?!"

Well, I'll tell you! 

In the box I found: A darling notebook, pencil, photography principles notecards for classroom note-taking, and a lens cleaning cloth that also serves as a cheat sheet!

Man, the girl is thoughtful AND creative -- plus she's uber talented. She takes seriously awesome photos. (this one might be my favorite)




After learning where to find the shutter speed, aperature, and ISO adjustments on my camera, it was time to start playing and practicing!

The next hour became all about finding that place between too light and too dark.






... and realizing that I have to pay attention to where my focal point is -- otherwise the brownie muffin in the background will be crystal clear and the foreground will look like my morning vision before I put my contacts in.






Thanks for the class, Elyse!

It was such a beautiful afternoon to be at Kitchen No. 324 and learn all about how to intelligently use my camera.

xoxo, E



No comments:

Post a Comment