Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bullseye Baby!

When I went home to North Carolina this past weekend, my mom surprised me with an outing to check another item off my 26 while 26 list.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's official. I've shot a gun. Just call me Jack Bauer.

Side note: Does anyone else miss 24?!

I took a private lesson at Carolina Sporting Arms to learn all about the safe & responsible way to handle & shoot a gun. Don, my instructor, drew these helpful little cheat lines on my hands to make sure that my form was correct.


Don't let my big ol' cheesy grin fool you... I was pretty darn nervous to take my first shot. Things got real when I held the gun in my hand, knowing that it was fully loaded. Eek!!

Another side note: Can we talk about just how cute my Momma is in her pink protective ear wear?! I mean, is there any look the woman can't pull off?


Remember how I mentioned Jack Bauer earlier? Well, naturally my first experience with a gun called for a silencer. If it's good enough for Jack, it's good enough for me!


Then the craziest thing happened... I hit a bullseye on my first shot!!

I love that Momma captured this moment between Don and I. After I took the shot and saw where it landed, I immediately set the gun down, looked at Don, and started giggling. 

"Wait. What?! How did I do that? Wait. Did I really do that?!"


Oh yeah. I really did that!


So, all of my shots weren't as good as the first, but I think we can all agree that I got the job done!!





Here's the real question though... how the heck am I going to remember the proper way to hold my hands on the gun now that the lines have washed off?! I guess we'll find out!


Note: The lines are completely gone now. This photo was from later that day.

I'm really starting to make some headway on my 26 while 26 list -- there's nothing like a deadline of 3 months and 5 days to kick my booty into high gear. 

But as for now, #22 is officially checked off the list!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment