Thursday, February 27, 2014

A very special kind of list...

Happy birthday to the woman who:
Brought me into this world, and has yet to take me out of it


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Taught me what it means to be selfless... (leading to the next one)
Passed along her inability to say "No" or "I can't"
Caved when I was little and allowed me to get a kitten and a puppy - neither of which she wanted


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Baked countless Derby Pies for my Children's Miracle Network fundraisers
Can find the humor in all situations and laugh at herself
Attended countless (and I mean COUNTLESS) dance competitions with enthusiasm
Threw me in a fountain at SouthPark Mall when I was being sassy (It's a funny story... now)


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Let me skip class my senior year... a lot
Has bandaged far too many melanoma incisions
Is my source of strength through the "skin stuff" healing periods


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Can put lipstick on without using a mirror
Has prayed over me every day since I was born -- well, probably before
Thinks I'm funnier than the original actor when I'm reenacting a scene from a movie
Appreciates a good, silly selfie


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Told me to "work hard and prove them wrong"
Flew with me to NYC when I decided I wanted to audition for the Rockettes
Became my best friend during the tough times in high school when I felt totally alone


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Passed along her insatiable sweet tooth to me
Rode in a handicap-access chair in our hotel in Venice


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Loves mushrooms and tomatoes - both of which I hate, but I'm learning to hate less
Has tried every single brand of mascara - the woman's got some awesome, long lashes
Has one of the best smiles ever! (I mean, look at that grin - she's the one in the navy bow)


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Is the most beloved math tutor in the southeast - no doubt
Quizzed me over the material for countless tests growing up
Forced me to make up my bed every morning
Was beloved by the fraternity


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Taught me what it means to forgive easily
Flew to OKC, cooked for an entire day, then drove to Dallas with me to host a bridal shower
Has spent so much of her time improving my house (painting, sewing pillows, shopping for rugs, etc.)
Posed for me to "take her picture" while I was really snapping one of the lady with the crazy hair


Happy birthday to the woman who:
Is the most [wonderfully] intense mama bear ever


Happy birthday to the woman who cannot be summed up - by any stretch of the imagination - in a simple list. She is my example every day for the kind of woman I want to be. I have a lot of work to do, but I know she's going to love and encourage me every step of the way!

Happy Birthday, Momma! Olive you!!
xoxo, your LRH

No comments:

Post a Comment