Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Taste of OKC

Allow me to show you one of the most beautiful event venues ever -- The First National Center, in downtown Oklahoma City, was the home of this year's Taste of OKC event. 

This event is a fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and was one of my favorite events in 2013. So naturally, when Rachel asked if we'd like to attend the event, I shot her a (very quick) text back saying, "YES!!" 


We had a great girls night out! The funniest part of the evening was when a volunteer saw us struggling to all fit in the frame of a group selfie, and he offered to take our picture. Note: that didn't stop us from attempting a couple more group selfies.


I only took these two photos of food that night. Clearly, I was too busy chowing down. There were 25 participating restaurants - and I even got a couple new "tastes" for my 25 while 25 list!



I stole these pictures from Downtown OKC's Instagram feed. Y'all. I was stuffed at the end of the event. It was pretty awesome to fall into my big fluffy hotel bed on Saturday night after the event. Even though it hasn't been fun being without hot water since Wednesday, it's been awesome having sleepovers with Kimmy and 2 stay-cation nights at a hotel!



The best part of the night was definitely meeting - and snuggling - this little nugget. Sweet Hershey was one of the live auction items and I got to hold her for a bit during the event. My heart absolutely melted when she fell asleep in the crook of my arm. I wanted her SO badly, but I settled for the chance to hold her and relish in her sweetness.


I have to admit, I was super motivated to do my 4-mile run on Sunday after eating all that food. Whew. I'm glad this event is only once a year. Thank you Rachel for extending the invitation - the DOKC girls had a great time at the event! It was beautifully done.

Excited to do an update to my 25 while 25 list tomorrow. Only 66 days to complete my list - eek!!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment