Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Life According to my iPhone Photos

It's always entertaining for me to go back and look through the photos on my iPhone. It's also necessary for me to clear out a bunch of photos that I don't need taking up space.

I am a screenshot-aholic. It's bad. I screenshot quotes that I love - I screenshot receipts when I pay my credit card through the app - I screenshot text message conversations -- I screenshot a lot. 

Kelly, of Design Crush, is posting 365 handwritten quotes in 2014. I try and limit the number of her quotes that I screenshot - mostly because it'd be 365 screenshots on my phone - but I think there's also a part of me that worries she gets a notification (Snapchat style) every time I screenshot the photo... and I don't want to look like a creepy, super-fan. 

Here are a couple of my favorites... You should seriously give her a follow, if you don't already, and join me in the obsession.





I think I picked these because they strike a particular chord with me at this point in my life. I love that she's doing this 365 Project!

Since I started training for the half-marathon, I've added quite a few stopwatch screenshots to the collection of photos my phone. 

 
 

I don't look at my time while I'm running, but when I'm done I like to do the math and see how fast I ran per mile. I was so shocked the other day when I did my 3.5 mile run and I ended up running a 10 minute mile - I've been running an 11 minute mile pretty consistently since I started. 

I had a really terrible attitude before that particular run -- I was tired, the weather was gross, and I just didn't waaaaanna!! (3 year old temper tantrum style) But right before I ran, I decided I was going to be better than my bad attitude. As it turns out, I was a 10 minute mile better than my crummy mindset!


I've got lots of photos from events including:
1. A cruddy-quality photo of Megan Mullally in concert (that bright blob on the right is her)
2. A pig in a tutu
3. The new KOSU event space
4. An awesome public art piece from February's Premiere on Film Row. I seriously got chills while reading what people wrote about our state
5. Oh, and our Developers' Luncheon event last week

 



I just recently did a major purge of the screenshots that synced from my phone to my computer. You guys, it was just ridiculous the number of "unnecessary" photos. But I just can't help it, I love love love pictures and the stories that they tell!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment