Friday, November 22, 2013

5 (Glorious) Things Friday

1. I got to attend Shop Hop as just Elizabeth this month, not "Elizabeth the event coordinator." It was super fun! I still put on that hat a couple of times... like when I pulled extra event maps out of my purse for a shop keeper, while shopping in her store. Large handbag for the win!

There is a new men's shop on Automobile Alley, and it's beyond amazing. All you have to do is talk to Lukus for a few moments and the passion that he has for serving his target market is apparent. To hear him talk about selecting the best products, emailing the designers directly, as well as getting to touch, see and experience the quality and craftsmanship of the products, well, it's a pretty special thing. I am hardcore campaigning for this "pop-up" shop to become a permanent staple in downtown Oklahoma City.


Erik and I met up for a quick bite at Red PrimeSteak before doing a little shopping. Even though we don't get to see each other very often, when we do get together, it's a blast! I'm not sure he's ever walked into a Happy Hour date without a "just because" gift in hand. Last night's was particularly special - handmade card, Jonathan Adler task clips & "E" gifts. Does the boy know me or does he know me? #MonogramObsessed



Yes, that's a googly-eye as the "i" dot in his name. I couldn't stop giggling. The large "E" is actually a book, so cool!


2. Of course, I got home from Shop Hop last night and my second-wind hit me. I got a lot done around the house.
  • All the clothes that had (once again) piled up on my guest bed are now put away
  • I finally put felt (that I bought WEEKS ago) on the feet of my dining room chairs
  • I organized the "work table" in my laundry room, that has quickly become the "catch all table"
  • I organized all of the papers that had collected on my desk and kitchen counter
  • I also rearranged the lovelies on my refrigerator. I bet you can't tell that I love photo booth photos... I have a few more at the office that I need to add to my mini-collection.

3. Downtown in December is officially here - and have you ever seen cuter event signage? I'm obsessed.


4. My aunt is doing something new for the family Thanksgiving this year. She's doing a thanks-giving tree, and we each got 3 leaves with the directive to write what we're thankful for on the back. Even though I won't be in N.C. for Thanksgiving, for the first time ever, I still got to participate. I hope my leaves arrive in time - work with me USPS!


5. I saw this ditty while scrolling through Instagram the other night. As we prepare for a month of various "pop-up shops" in downtown, full of wonderfully creative people doing fabulously creative things, this caught my eye.


If you ask me, this applies to life, love, art, experiences, opportunities -- all of it!

Have a great weekend! 
xoxo, 
E


No comments:

Post a Comment