Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hashtag UrbanWalk

23. Take a day and walk all seven of the downtown districts

In preparation for the above item on my 25 while 25 list, I decided to see just how long it would take to walk through the 7 downtown districts by breaking the trek up over 2 hot, humid, sticky and gross evenings.

The first evening consisted of a very long and maze-like walk through the Central Business District. Since this is the district I work in, sometimes I really enjoy walking the streets and surveying the buildings without all the hustle and bustle of the work day.
I didn't have great structure in my walking plan, so I meandered through a few of the other districts, but there's no photo proof. I also went a little off course with a walk through Midtown, my favorite district, but it's not technically included in the 7 districts of downtown. 

Up next, Auto Alley! There is so much great retail and restaurants on this little strip of downtown. Not to mention the sub-district of 9th Street. Auto Alley is also my favorite stop during Downtown in December.  
Total Time - 1 hour (oh and there was about a 5 minute detour when I bumped into sweet CC and chatted about her new apt and job)

The second evening started in Deep Deuce (not pictured) and after a walk down the Walnut Street Bridge - no one ever wants to walk/run/bike UP the bridge, that's for sure - I was in Bricktown! There were a lot of people walking around because of a Red Hawks game and the general hubbub of our entertainment district.
  

The arts district in downtown is definitely a beauty to walk - You've got the Myriad Gardens, Civic Center Music Hall, Museum of Art and more! I particularly enjoyed the tree lined sidewalks on this portion of the walk.

Film Row is quickly finding itself in the Top 3 of my Favorite Districts List. We did staff headshots a couple weeks ago and mine was taken on Film Row. I love how wide the streets are, the neon signs on the businesses, the district marker signs, the awesome brick/concrete benches and it's also the home of Joey's Pizza. (I may or may not be the duchess of Joey's on Yelp) 
 

The clock tower in the Park Plaza district has always been a landmark that I love in downtown. So naturally, I had to include it on my walk. 


Total Time - 5 Districts in 1 hour, 10 minutes

Now that I know it'll take me about an hour and forty-five minutes to walk all 7 downtown districts, I'm ready to do it and check #23 off my list of 25 things to do while I'm 25

No comments:

Post a Comment