Thursday, June 20, 2013

About Me

I can never seem to put into words who I am, or rather I can't seem to do it without rattling off a list of descriptors - Carolina girl, performer, creative, perfectionist, crazy organized, sassy, energetic, introvert, thinker, etc. - so, an "About Me" for this little blog is nearly impossible.

As I'm midway through my 20's, I'm starting to realize that everyone who says "you change so much in your 20's" is dead-on. 

I thought that I figured out who I was when I was in college. Nope.

Then, once I had my first "big kid job" I thought I knew. Definitely not.

Once I started at DOKC, and found myself so happy in my job, I was certain that I had finally landed on who "I am."

I think what I've finally realized is that I will never be able to say, "This is it. This is who I am." I think it will always be changing and evolving. The trick is to not only be okay with that transformation, but to welcome it! 

Nothing will ever be like it was, but is that bad? Do we really want to live our lives like Groundhog Day? Doing the same thing over and over again... Not me. 

I feel the most like myself now than I have in such a long time. I am perfectly pleased with my house, my job, my friendships - my life! 

I'm sure I'll look back in a couple years and think "Oh that 25 year old version of me thought she had it all figured out" - I definitely don't claim to know it all. But man, I sure am having fun on this journey through my twenties and plan on soaking up every adventure and opportunity that comes my way!

"Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself." Edmund Lee

Most people have seen this video, but I just can't help but feel like her attitude is exactly what's going on in my head and heart right now! xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment