Monday, May 19, 2014

Just Keep Chewing...

Last Thursday, I got a phone call from Bobbie that went a little something like this...

BE: Hey! What are you doing Saturday morning?
Me: I have to work at 11, but no plans before that... why?
BE: Well I have you on speakerphone and Rusty & Tessa are here too.
Me: Hey guys.
Rusty: Hey E-Town
BE: Do you want to be the 4th person on our team for the Hungryman race?
[For those of you who don't know, it's a 4-person relay race where you have to eat either a cupcake, egg roll, hamburger slider, or veggie burrito then run 1.54 miles.]
Me: I haven't run since the half!
BE: That's ok - Tessa hurt her toe and I hurt my ankle. We'll be that team.
Me: What's our team name?
[Ya know, important deciding factors here]
BE: We don't have one yet.
Me: Okay, well I'll do it if I can pick which food leg I have to eat/run.
BE: You got it.
Me: Count me in!

Well, 7:30 came mighty early on Saturday morning - especially after a week with two VERY late Thunder playoff games and multiple district block party events - but I dragged myself out of bed and made my way downtown to Automobile Alley.






Loved bumping into two of my friends in their lunch lady costumes!





It's funny - I think I was more nervous at the start of this race than I was the half-marathon. Probably because of the "eat a huge cupcake as fast as you can... then run 1.5 miles" factor. I am not made for any sort of eating contest.

Luckily, my teammates were there cheering me on and taking photos. 




Once I finished my 1.54 miles, it was time to pass the baton on to Bobbie. Our team should have been "Team Awesome." [Because, you know, we were!]





For quality control, we had to open wide before we were allowed to start our leg of the race. 


We came in with a strong finish and placed in the top 10 teams - No. 9 out of 47 to be exact. So proud of our little quad!! 



I think it's safe to say that I probably won't be craving a cupcake any time soon... but what a fun way [and a gorgeous day] to raise money for Neighborhood Services Organization!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment