Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Graduating... again

For the past 9 months, I have been a student in the first class of the United Way's Board Serve Central Oklahoma Program. After many evenings spent learning how to be a good board member, last night was graduation day!

The primary purpose of the ceremony was to match each of us with the nonprofit organization whose board we would serve on for the next year.

I have to be honest - I was pretty nervous about my match. I could tell we were going in "plaque order" and I could see where my plaque was on the table. When we could tell it was going to be my turn next, Brandi and I both got super nervous. I could not have been more delighted when they called out that my match was Safe Kids Oklahoma.

It's no secret that I have a passion for kiddos, so I have full confidence that this is going to be a great experience.





Big thanks to Brandi for going with me last night to celebrate - and take photos!


Upon further review, we couldn't stop laughing at this photo - it totally looks like we're holding hands! Love ya sis!

xoxo, E


No comments:

Post a Comment