Tuesday, May 13, 2014

As Curiosities Converge

I have this innate desire to travel and explore. It's a desire deep in my core, and at times it can be overwhelming and all-consuming. Whenever I'm in a new city, I want to see all the sights and hear all the tales.

I love meeting new people the way I love exploring new cities. I have said time and time again, "I just want to know their story!" People intrigue me. We all have a story to tell - a rhyme or reason as to why we are who/where we are.

Want to know what I love even more? That moment when those two curiosities converge.

I was working at the boutique a couple of weeks ago and 2 girls came in to browse. Because it's a small store, I couldn't help but overhear their dressing room conversation. They were so peppy, encouraging, and kind to one another - and at times even exclaimed that an item needed to be purchased because it was SO flattering! [Ladies, aren't those the magic words when we're shopping?]

Anyway, they finished up and headed to the counter to check-out. I struck up a conversation with them, and one of the girls mentioned that she was in town visiting. Naturally, I had to ask where she was from. When she said Seattle, I went into full-blown inquisition mode...

"Oh my gosh! I've been wanting to go to Seattle! Do you just love it? Does it rain as much as they say? What are your favorite restaurants? Any must see sights, other than the space needle, obviously?!" Poor girl.

Luckily, she responded with almost the same level of enthusiasm. She wrote down her email address and told me to send her any & all of my questions as I planned my trip.

I couldn't stop giggling when she offered up the following, "If you're trying to do your trip on a budget, you can totally stay with me if you want! You don't seem like a serial killer."

So I'm still dreaming of when I'll be able to go to Seattle - but I'm currently planning a trip to St. Louis in June. Any recommendations from those of you who have been? Definitely planning on a Cardinals game and Citygarden!

xoxo, E




No comments:

Post a Comment