Monday, December 9, 2013

Bringing Glamour Back

I have never thought of myself as someone who struggles with self-worth. Momma will tell you I have a tendency to be bossy - I call it "strong leadership skills." For as long as I can remember, I've had a fairly level of high confidence and belief in myself.

Don't get me wrong, I have a list of things that I'd change if I could, but I'm pretty darn comfortable in my skin. I have to give my parents - and my dance teachers from childhood - major credit for that. Momma will also tell you that Miss Carrie and Miss Paula played a starring role in the development of my confidence. They helped create an Elizabeth who isn't afraid to get up in front of a crowd -- in fact, I love it!

As cheesy as it sounds, I honestly believe that life is a stage and every day is a performance.

After Todd posted a bunch of photos from our latest SNL booth event, I texted him to say that I really love having my picture taken. I thought about it some more, and I'm not sure if that is exactly true. Remember that (short) list of things I said I'd change about myself? Well, those things seem to be what I see in "serious" photos of myself. Luckily, the SNL booth is anything but serious, and the many facets of my personality seem to come shining through!



I watched "The Holiday," while snowed-in this weekend, and I love that moment when Iris is telling Jasper to hit the highway. He says, "What has gotten in to you?" and she replies, "I'm not sure. But I think what I've got is something that resembles gumption!"

I found myself saying, "That's should be you Eliz. Turn up the volume on your gumption - be proud of who you are!"

It's not that I haven't been myself lately, but there are definitely times when I wish I was more like so-and-so. I saw this on Pinterest over the weekend, and it's just so true!


Have you heard "Classic" by MKTO? It's definitely a song that will get your shoulders shimmying. Many of the lyrics are cheesy - and stereotypical boy bandish - but they use the words timeless, classic, one of a kind - heck, they even reference my girl Audrey Hepburn.

When people describe me, I want the words in that song to be among the ones they'd use. Along with sassy, opinionated and strong-willed -- I don't see those as negatives!

You can watch the music video here. Don't even get me started on how much I love all the typography.

Somehow this turned into a "girl power" post, unintentional I promise, but there were just too many things over the weekend that landed this topic at the top of my mind.

I think I've rambled on enough about what kind of woman I want to be, so I thought I'd include a few more of the SNL booth pictures. Enjoy!








Even though JPS and I have been friends for a while, we don't have a single photo of us together. So naturally, I'm pretty obsessed with these photos with one of my favorite chickadees!

Happy Monday - we're gearing up for another big event week.

xoxo,
E

1 comment:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️❤️💪💃👠😎

    ReplyDelete