Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A dream come true...

Over the weekend, I got to experience something that I'd been dreaming about for quite a while now. It's no secret that I love to practice my penmanship, am obsessed with typography, love paper products and truly believe in the value of a handwritten note...

Can you guess what the "something" is that I've been dreaming about?

Well, if you've been reading my blog at all in the last 2 weeks, the guessing is easy. I took a calligraphy class in Dallas from Blue Eye Brown Eye on Sunday!!

I had to keep my excitement in check for a good portion of the class. You guys, I was giddy! It took all of my willpower to keep my phone in my purse and not take a picture of nearly every moment.

I also had to fight my tendency to be incredibly self-critical and compare my beginner script to her 4-year seasoned veteran marks. The class was at The Bell Jar, a studio in Dallas that caters to a bride's every whim.

Okay, enough of my overly adjective-ridden writing - here are a few pics!










Turns out calligraphy is a bit harder than I'd expected! You actually have to change the amount of pressure you put on the nib of the pen mid-letter - and sometimes multiple times in one letter. Notice how I don't have a closeup photo posted of my m/n page? Yeah, it's because they look b-a-d, bad!

"F" is definitely my favorite letter to write as of now. I can't wait to keep practicing. My calligraphy supplies will definitely make the trip home to North Carolina with me this weekend!

I had also planned to include my new laundry room wall art in this post - and you guys, you're going to die over the cuteness and the story behind it - but I decided to save it for tomorrow's post.

Oh... there's this too. Thanks for sending it to me Momma!


Happy hump day -- it's almost Christmas time!

xoxo,
E

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Lettering!! So glad you took her class, she is a sweetheart.

    Merry Merry!!
    Kels

    ReplyDelete