Friday, December 13, 2013

5 Things Friday

[One]
The gifts are wrapped and resting by the fireplace. I can't believe that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away - AND that I get to go home a week from tomorrow for the first time in a year!! I am so thankful that we are off the week of Christmas, and I get to have 8 days in Carolina.


Kimmy is absolutely creeped out by the Elf on the Shelf, so naturally I had to have some fun with her phobia the other night. Just call me Missy... it's short for Mischievous! 


[Two]
We went snow tubing last week with our staff and friends. Our buddies at Yelp also joined us and Chris snapped some great photos, as always. The weather was perfect and we had such a great time! I'm sure you can tell by looking at the pictures, but there was a lot of screaming and squealing as we went down the slopes!






[Three]
I am absolutely obsessed with white Christmas trees right now. OBSESSED. All of my favorite blog and instagram follows have been showing off their white trees, and I need one. Momma has been helping me scout out locations to check for after Christmas sales. This year, a white tree will be mine.

  
  

[Four]
Since this last week has been a total flop in achieving a couple of my #25w25 goals (calligraphy class was canceled due to weather - but is rescheduled for this Sunday - and I couldn't give blood because it hadn't been long enough since my latest melanoma diagnosis), I made it a point to try a couple of new tastes this week.

Marshall let me have a bite of beets off his salad at lunch this week, and Ferris convinced me to try raw tuna at our sushi dinner after recording some new ad spots for the Spy. I must admit, I didn't love either, but I'm willing to give them another go.


[Five]
We have the SandRidge Santa Run this weekend. This picture is from last year's event, and is one of my favorites! Thankfully, most of the ice from last weekend's storm has melted and the streets are ready for our runners. I'm praying that the event goes wildly smooth this weekend. Once we get through this one, we're pretty much home free for the remainder of the season!


[Bonus Things]
In case you missed it, check out this awesome project from the Mimi Foundation. It helped me realize a few things about myself following my cancer diagnoses.

I'm obsessed with the caricature that Chris did for me to give to Ferr for Christmas. It's pretty darn perfect!


Speaking of Christmas gifts... while out shopping for some gifts, I found myself on the toy aisle looking at Monster High Dolls. Foxie Moxie told me about them, and I just knew she'd love this skirt. After all, she is my fashion consultant.


I can't believe we're nearing the end of our Downtown in December busy time -- what an awesome ride it's been again this year!

I'm really excited - giddy, actually - for my calligraphy class on Sunday. And then the countdown officially begins for the trip home!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment