Tuesday, December 3, 2013

an event-FULL weekend

We survived the busiest weekend of our year... but I'd argue that we not only survived, we thrived!

Side note: Does anyone else think of 13 Going on 30 every time you hear/say "thrive?"

Thirty and flirty and thriving... thirty and flirty and thriving...

No? Just me? Ok!

We kicked off Downtown in December with the Tree Lighting Festival on Friday night. The crowds started to form 45 minutes before the event was set to begin. I couldn't believe it!

Even though I planned last year's event, I didn't attend because I was in North Carolina for Thanksgiving. So needless to say, I was a little nervous for how the event would go. All of my nerves disappeared though when I saw my two bosses standing next to each other smiling -- and Jane even said, "The event is going so smoothly this year!"

All of our guests seemed to be enjoying the event - and I have to admit, I was able to relax enough to have a lot of fun too!

The only "hitch in our giddy-up" came when I forgot to give the Mayor the switch to light the tree before he went on stage. I think I created a pretty comedic moment though as I ran through the crowd shouting, "It's coming! It's coming!"

Then it happened... the tree lit!! After that moment, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy the music. There may or may not have been some dancing in the streets!



 
 

 

 
 

I thought I was going to fall over laughing when the kids from A Christmas Carol asked the Mayor if they could take a selfie with him. Naturally, all of us "adults" whipped out our phones to capture it as well. Way to go kiddos!

The second event of the weekend was the Deluxe Winter Market. We heard so many positive comments from the event and there was a steady flow of shoppers both days. I definitely did plenty of Christmas shopping at the Market as well!





I took a little break from working the event and had some fun in the Instabus photo booth with MM. I am so thankful for this dude's friendship, sense of humor, encouragement and overall stellar style. 

 

After my third wardrobe change of the day, I made my way to the Bricktown Canal for the Free Water Taxi Rides. Yet again, people were lining up for the event an hour beforehand.


My buddies, the Sugar Free Allstars, entertained the crowds with their musical stylings! They had the kiddos dancing - and even called this big kiddo up to the front to experience what it's like when a large crowd claps and shouts your name. #RockstarStatus


After a weekend full of Downtown in December fun, I got to spend some "Frozen" fun with these little ladies.  If you get the chance, and have an excuse to go see a kid's movie, see this one. I honestly think that Princess Anna and I have a lot in common. She's a bit of a drama queen and eternal romantic. I found myself believing in their love story!

 

Okay, I'm going to stop now before I sound like a crazy person for getting sappy over an animated romance.

This week is pretty full of fun as well -- including my calligraphy class in Dallas on Thursday. I'm so excited I could just burst!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment