Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One of My Favorite Places

I was talking to Brandi yesterday and I said, "Is it weird that the Health Science Center is one of my favorite places downtown?" She's a good friend and said "no," but I feel like it still might be a little odd.

1. I think any type of "campus" makes me nostalgic for college
2. It is truly gorgeous over there: the buildings & the trees... even the crosswalks are pretty
3. It is home to the Children's Hospital - and my heart just swells with passion for the work they do

Ever since Linzy took me on my first tour of the hospital, I have been in love with every square inch of it. They have done a phenomenal job designing the hospital with children in mind. Not to mention the amazingly talented staff of physicians.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to volunteer for the Children's Hospital Foundation's telethon on Sunday. During the commercial breaks, I snapped a few photos of the behind the scenes process.









I have been involved in fundraising efforts for the Children's Miracle Network since I was in elementary school, so it was pretty special to be a part of the event this past weekend.

The hospital's goal is for no Oklahoma family to ever have to leave the state to get their child superior medical care. Every dollar given to The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center stays in OKC and benefits the kids in our community.

::all the gushing feelings::

xoxo, E


No comments:

Post a Comment