Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Work. Run. Sleep. Repeat.

Yawn.

You guys, this half-marathon training is kicking my booty. When 2:30pm rolls around, it takes all my strength to not put my head down on my desk and take a nap. I'm really starting to enjoy the running, but man, I'm sleepy.

Even though we aren't running together, Bobbie and I are keeping each other accountable. aka - I'm texting her random pics from my running adventures. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can take my moves to the pavement. The treadmill is booooring.


P.S. Interested in helping Bobbie fundraise for her half-marathon training? Click here! I'll be making my donation on pay day.

Yawn.

How early is too early to go to bed? I'm asking for a friend...

I've been making some great progress on my 25 while 25 list! Since my last update, I've tried banana peppers, capers, gyro meat, tabbouleh and pork egg rolls.

Jill and I had a lunch meeting at Ol' Gyro last week. (If you are in OKC and haven't tried this Greek establishment, do it. So delicious!) I decided to order a gyro because I'd never had one before.

Once we got in the car after our meeting, Jilly asked what I thought of the meat.
"I liked it a lot! Is it just beef? Is it how it's prepared that makes it special?"
"Well, actually, it's beef and lamb. I didn't want to tell you beforehand, but I ordered the chicken gyro in case you didn't like it."

I burst out laughing. What a mom thing to do! I had actually tried lamb before and liked it, but I loved that she didn't tell me just in case I'd decide not to give it a try.

Yawn.

I have 3 more days left in my month of no sweets. Yesterday was the first day that I thought, "I neeeeeeeed something sweet." Surprisingly enough, it's been a pretty easy task for me! I haven't had one of my migraines all month, and I have been sleeping so well and feeling rested when I wake. I may just keep this up!

I'm super excited for the Cooper-House Design Workshop next weekend. I'll get to check off my "take an illustrator class" goal.

Oh, also, it's January 29th and I haven't even started my Lettered Letters for January. Hashtag Eliz Fail.

Yawn.

Kimmy and I embraced our inner 10 year olds and saw "Frozen" over the weekend.


Yes, it was my second time seeing this movie. It's just so good! At dinner Monday night, Miss Emily told me we needed to go see the movie again. You don't have to twist my arm kiddo!

I am so amped up for our spring events. Like, seriously excited! Downtown Employee Appreciation Week is in March and Starlight Supper is in April. Start praying now for good weather on April 10th. Please?

Okay friends, this might be the most ADD post I've ever written. I'm blaming it on being tired.

Is it Spring yet? I'm in a perpetual state of being cold!! I totally ordered a sundress the other day as I snuggled up on the couch by my space heater. Wishful thinking.

Happy Hump Day! xoxo, E


No comments:

Post a Comment