Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My happiness project

I got this. I'm kicking my own butt. Yeah, my legs are shaking, but that's because my muscles are getting stronger! I am woman, hear me roooooooar -- oh shoot, I think I'm going to pass out.

Yep, that was me during last night's Barre3 class.

After only thirty minutes of being back in the studio (granted, I had a ridiculously long hiatus because of my crazy holiday work schedule), I found myself standing front and center of the class, and I was seeing stars. I kept thinking "just push through." But it quickly became obvious, I was going to be on the floor if I didn't sit down.

After my head leveled out, I decided the only option was to head home and drink lots of water. I pushed myself too hard -- I thought I could pick up right where I'd left off before my break. Boy. Was. I. Wrong.

One of the books I'm reading right now is "The Happiness Project." JPS suggested we start a small group that would go through the book together, discuss the material and act as an accountability group.

Let me just tell you, I've learned a lot about myself and the areas I want to improve in by reading this book -- and we're only in the first chapter! Okay, so maybe I've read ahead a little.

Well, one of the things discussed in the book is de-cluttering. I have SO many clothes in my closet that I don't ever wear... why am I keeping them?! It's time they go to a better home.

I've been putting together some items for the last couple of weeks, and the time is here...


I was thinking about how taking these clothes off my hands is really a gift to me. It's helping me organize my life, as well as help with my happiness project. So, I decided that all of the items are free to a good home! But, I also decided that if people felt compelled to give monetarily, I would give all of the money collected to The Children's Hospital Foundation in OKC.


If you feel like doing a little bit of (FREE) shopping, click on over and take a look around!

Enjoy!
xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment