Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quick Catch Up

Anytime I am gone from the blog for a few days, I always feel the need to explain my absence.

As of 5:30 p.m. last Wednesday, I feel like I didn't stop moving until about 8:30 p.m. last night. Whew, exhausting!

Here's a brief rundown:

Wednesday p.m.
Gym after work
Quick dinner
Home just in time to watch "Revenge"
Shower, then bed

Spray Tan
Mall to pick up something to wear for the weekend trip to Dallas
Picked up dinner because I had no food in the apartment, since I'd be leaving to go out of town the next day
Got home and ran around like crazy trying to pack and get some other things done

Up early to shower
Appointment to catch up with an old professor
Ran home for lunch - which was an english muffin with peanut butter - see explanation above
Finished laundry and packing for Dallas
Zipped off to another appointment
Finally made it through the days of craziness and it was time to leave for Big D!

And here is where the fun weekend (with pictures) begins...

To help the drive go a little quicker, I taught M how to braid hair - he is such a good sport!

Once we got checked in at the hotel, we went to the Arkansas tailgate to meet up with some of his parent's friends.

On Saturday, we got up bright and early and were off to Cowboy Stadium for the Arkansas vs. Texas A&M game.

We were fortunate enough to be able to sit up in the suites. It was SO nice - what a way for me to experience the stadium for the first time!

Following the Hog victory - Woooooo pig sooie!! It was such a good game - we went back to the tailgate for dinner. After, Marcus and I dropped his parents at the hotel, and we made our usually stops in Dallas. Such a fun night!

Sunday, we headed back to Cowboy Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys vs. Detroit Lions game. This game didn't go as hoped. Unfortunately, the Cowboys lost, but it was still a fun experience!

We made a few stops before starting the trek home to OKC, and as you can see here, this was the burst of goofy energy before the crash of sleepiness.

We finally made it home around 10:30 p.m. I changed clothes, washed my face and fell into bed - and a deep sleep immediately.

Yesterday was such a "Monday." We had such a wonderful weekend and pretty much moved nonstop, so it was hard to go back to work out of exhaustion and nostalgia for the fun that just ended.

After work I had to go to the grocery store and the gym. But after I showered and got ready for bed, it was the perfect, relaxing evening I longed for. I got caught up on 90210 and my Project 365 (I take a picture every day for a year to chronicle my first year post-college) - then got a great night sleep.

Now I'm ready to take on the week!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well. It's October, can you believe it?!

Live life glamorously,

No comments:

Post a Comment