Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy Week

What a weekend!

After work on Saturday, I got really sick with another stomach bug, so M came over and we watched "Red Riding Hood." It was SO good. The whole time we were trying to figure out who the wolf was - and we were shocked when we found out.

I slept-in yesterday and woke up feeling much better. I decided to run to Target to pick up a few necessities before it was time for our Sunday plans. Well, when I got out of the car, I heard a really loud hissing noise. Realizing it was one of the tires on the car, I decided I shouldn't go inside Target. When I turned the car back on, the air pressure monitor light was on. I drove straight to the tire place that I used in college. After I pulled in, I got out of the car to survey the tire to see if I was being overly-cautious- no way -the tire was almost flat.

The tire place didn't open until noon, so M came and picked me up and we went to get breakfast. We went back to the shop after we were done, and I chatted with the guys about the tire. M said I used my "cute voice." aka, I flirted a little bit to make sure that my car was taken care of and in a timely manner. I even dropped a louder-than-normal, "I really trust them here," while standing at the counter talking to M. The guy said, "Well, we sure do like to hear that!" Success.

After the paperwork was signed, we were off to explore the Parade of Homes. For the last ten days, over 100 homes in the OKC metro have been open for potential buyers to visit. It is a way to showcase various interior designers, builders, architects and other home service companies. We had our plan of action all mapped out. Boy oh boy, it was so much fun! And we saw quite a few houses - I'd say close to 25?

I need to upload some pictures for you to see. One house in particular was the total "dream house." M and I both thought so. It was so glamorous and over the top - just the way we like it! LOL

We finally rounded out our evening with grocery shopping. After saying goodnight, I came home to straighten up the apartment and watch part 2 of the Real Housewives of NJ Reunion. A good night of sleep followed, and I'm ready for the week ahead. It's going to be a busy one!

Tonight: Dinner with girl friends
Tuesday: "free night" - will be at the gym training for the Turkey Trot!
Wednesday: M's birthday and his mom's birthday! We'll be having a late dinner, and I can't wait to give them their gifts!
Thursday: Tennis
Friday: Going to Stillwater for OSU's homecoming "walk around" - definitely one of my favorite times of the year
Saturday: Going back to Stillwater for the football game
Sunday: The usual errands and a shower for a friend!

Whew, it'll be Monday morning again before I know it!

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment