Thursday, October 6, 2011

Things that wouldn't happen...

On my drive to work Monday, a list started running through my head. Most days the list consists of what I need to do at work, what I need to do after work, what I want to do on the weekend, etc. But this time, the list was "Things that would never happen if I lived at home."

Now, there is a reason for this - well, two actually.

Reason #1 - I'm crazy homesick this week.
Not sure why exactly, other than this is the longest I've ever gone without a trip to NC.

Reason #2 - Prepare yourself to blush slightly, I have turned a shade of pink every time I thought about typing this...

The list started running through my head on Monday because I thought of what I had to buy at the grocery store that night. When we got home from Dallas Sunday night, I went into my bathroom and realized that the 3 squares of toilet paper left on the roll were all that I had left in my apartment. Great.

What's a girl to do? Luckily, I found a box of Kleenexes (that Momma bought for me back in April) in my laundry room - SUCCESS!

So, the first item on the list of "Things that would never happen if I lived at home" is:

I would never run out of Charmin.
Mommacita would never let that happen.

And I have an addendum to that one: If "home" (aka Mommacita) had not taken care of me in April with the purchase of Kleenex, well, let's just not think of the predicament I would have been in.

Ok, so here we go...

Things that would never happen if I lived at home:
1. I would never run out of toilet paper.
2. The dust bunnies around my apartment would not be the Energizer bunnies that they are. They would quickly be swept away.
3. I would never have to buy razor blades (I would just "borrow" from Mommacita). Last time I was at the grocery, I bought a pack of 5 blade disposable razors because they were cheaper than my Venus blade refills!
4. In the morning when I am running crazy-late, I would have someone there to ask if there was anything they could do to help me. Mommacita and Papas are the best at this.
5. Laundry would never be forgotten about in the dryer. I cannot tell you how many times I have found a pile of clean towels and socks in the dryer - still hanging out from the last time I did laundry. Whoops.
6. I would never wonder how long eggs can last in the fridge. Mommacita and I go through eggs really fast - now, I just buy Egg White Eggbeaters - there is an expiration date on the package.
7. It wouldn't be so sad when I'm sick, and I cry out, "I just want my Mooooommmm!!"
Poor M will say, "Well, what does she do? Put a cold cloth on your head? A warm cloth? I can try!"
To which I whine back, "Nooooo. She's just therrrrrre."
Oh, my poor sweet boy.

I'm sure there are many more on the list, but that is a good start. I love my life in OKC, but I love everything about being home. It's so comforting and it warms my heart. I cannot wait to burn up 1-40 from OK to NC to see my family at Thanksgiving. Oh how I miss them!

Live life, and make lists, glamorously,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment