Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Up and up

Well, I'm finally on the up and up after being sick since January 1st. I'm still sniffly and sneezy but I no longer feel like I'm about to die - good news, right?!

I can't remember how many of my 2012 goals I've shared, but so far I'm doing pretty well on 2 of them.

1. Get back into Church.

M and I have been going to Saturday night service at LifeChurch and it has been so great worshipping together and discussing the message. We are in a series right now called Better. It's all about when you have a choice in life, choose Better. I'm really enjoying the series and it's helping me do some forward-thinking.

Also, there was a Night of Worship last week at church - an hour and a half of just worshipping and prayer. Oh man, it was wonderful - and desperately needed. M had to give a speech on campus, so I flew solo. It worked out for the best, because I had some great alone time with God.

Towards the end of the time of worship, we all sat to pray silently, and in that moment, I said something to God that surprised me. It was totally a moment of him speaking to me, but using my thoughts as the vessel. It brought me to tears, and I am so thankful for that moment with Him.

2. Cook a new recipe a week in 2012.

To be honest, I have only done 1 recipe so far. With how sick I was last week, a peanut butter sandwich and an omelet were about all that sounded appetizing. But I've got my recipe picked out for this week - thanks to a gal-pal at work!

Speaking of a gal-pal co-worker... Kelsey, from Posts & Pixels, designed GORGEOUS recipe cards for me to use for my 2012 Recipe Challenge - not to mention a great binder cover and weekly recipe sheet. I'm swooning over these beauties!




I apologize for my absence from the blogosphere - this sickness has kept me in a routine of home from work, shower, NyQuil, sleep and repeat. But like I said, I'm on the up and up and glad to be back :) Thanks for sticking with me!

Tonight, M and I are going to see The Addams Family. I have a feeling this will once again reignite my desire to move to NYC - stay tuned!

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better! I'm totally in support of your cooking resolution, so here is the link to the awesome Knock You Naked Brownies I made, and LOVED, this weekend: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/knock-you-naked-brownies/.

    ReplyDelete