Quick surgery update: all went well and incisions are looking good. Stitches come out April 3rd, and I'm so ready for that day to be here!
Okay, back to the fun stuff - MY FIRST HOUSE!
- I closed on March 15th and overwhelming joy and excitement hit me as soon as those keys were in my hands!
- Momma and I didn't waste any time - we went straight to the house - MY house!
- My realtor was so sweet and gave me this beautiful lantern from Pottery Barn!
- First order of business was to have the locks changed!
- My sweet friend, Vicky, came and kept me company while the locksmith worked his magic. I'm so happy she was my first non-family visitor! Girlfriend was more excited about me getting a house that I was!
- Vicky was also my first piece of non-bill/new service notice mail at the new house! How appropriate!
- My second house warming gift came from another dear friend, Kelly (and her hubby). I squealed and did a little happy dance when she gave me my colorful welcome mat!
- We spent a little time shopping Saturday, and I picked up the buffalo mat for the back porch.
- Another squeal-induced housewarming gift was courtesy of my boss' hubby, Josh. He's such a talented photographer - actually he's quick the Josh of all trades - and he gifted me prints of two of my favorites shots that he's captured!
Funny "first time homeowner" story to share tomorrow!