Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stories Behind the Cards, Part I

The "About" page on my website was one of the most difficult - and painstaking - parts of starting my business. Oh yes, that's right. Writing 3 paragraphs was harder than learning how to use Illustrator and working up the courage to ask my family and friends for design feedback.

I really struggled to eloquently summarize why I started Loops & Belles

What I wanted to write was: I'm super duper passionate about snail mail - like I for-real squeal when I get good mail, not bills. And I love greeting cards - I feel like they are tiny representations of all kinds of big love and monumental celebrations!! And my cards are funny - I really think you're going to love them!!

::Buzzer:: Fail.

So, here's why I love Loops & Belles -- my cards are inspired by real life. They are the things we really want to say - true sentiments. There are stories behind these cards, and I've decided to start sharing them with you!

Introducing: "Stories Behind the Cards, Part I"


When I was in the "dreaming" phase of Loops & Belles, I would keep a list in my phone of card ideas and add to the list whenever inspiration struck. I had one baby card in the line at the time, and it was 1000% based off yours truly. (You can see it here.)

So, when I booked a baby store as the first retail location to carry Loops & Belles, it was time to add to the collection. My mom was a huge help here - and I also polled all my friends who had little ones and asked for some common parenting "problems." 

Enter Miss Cameron Claire. 


She is the beautiful inspiration behind our "Going Potty Alone" card. Her mom shared a few stories with me about Cam that had me rolling on the floor. Let me tell you, it was then and there that I started appreciating the fact that I get to go potty alone... 

And then the card was born!


This little girl packs some serious sass and is my favorite zoo buddy!


Thank you Cam - and Bobbie - for being the story behind one of our best selling baby cards!

xoxo, E


No comments:

Post a Comment