Monday, August 18, 2014

Feels like it's been 27 days...

You may or may not have noticed that it's been rather quiet around these parts for the last few weeks.

  • We had two major events at work within 15 days of one another
  • Momma was in town for a [truly phenomenal] week and a half
  • My AC went out in my adorable little bungalow -- but thankfully my home warranty covered the repair a mere 45 hours after the interior heat wave began
  • I've been training for my half-marathons -- I still can't believe that's plural
  • I've been spending all my free time working on a passion project that I'm SUPER excited to share with you (more on that in a week or two)

However, even in all the craziness, I've made a little bit of progress on my 26 while 26 list!

#5 Do the SandRidge Sky Zip
When Momma was in town, we went down to the river and endured some pretty hot temperatures to make it to the top of the structure and zip across the Oklahoma River. To be incredibly honest, I almost didn't step off the platform. I was absolutely paralyzed with fear. There are four reasons why I was able to conquer the fear and zip zip zip:

1. There was a little boy behind me & his dad kept saying "See! She's doing it. It's not scary at all." Thanks a lot dude.
2. Two of the employees did a really great job of encouraging me - telling me that it was safe and all I had to do is sit down and lift my feet. [Scarier than it seems folks!]
3. My momma was right there telling me that I could do it, but also reassuring me that I absolutely didn't have to.
4. I knew that it was on my 26 while 26 list. Which meant I'd have to come back sooner or later and conquer the fear. I was already at the top and harnessed in, so I figured there's no time like the present!

Once I finally lifted my feet, I had a really great time on the zip line. But that didn't stop my legs from shaking as I reached the platform on the other side. This photo was taken a few minutes after my return zip. My heart was still racing though!


#6 Join a Running Group
Saturday mornings are quickly becoming one of my favorite times of the week. I joined the Oklahoma City Running Club - the Landrunners - three weeks ago. As a night owl, it's pretty darn tough for me to be up and out the door for a 6:30am start time for a long distance run on a SATURDAY. Sounds like a barrel of fun, right? Well, it kinda has been.

It's a challenge from the moment my alarm goes off in the morning to the moment I hit "stop" on my RunKeeper app. But that feeling of accomplishment is totally worth it. The sunrise views have also been pretty awesome! Plus, there was a hot air balloon over the lake during our run 2 weeks ago.

The energy from the group keeps me running even when I feel like my legs are made of lead. AND I ended up doing my 5-mile run on Saturday in 52 minutes. Woop woop!



#11 Finish My Lettered Letters Project
I've got 3 months left on this project, and July's letters went in the mail on August 13, but they went out! The reason for such a delay? See above -- crazy couple of weeks!


In general, once I make a list of goals, I don't like to make adjustments... it feels like I'm giving myself an "out" for when I just don't feel like it anymore. However, it's now necessary to adjust my #7 goal: Run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I waited too long to register and it's sold out. #SadDay

So... I'm currently accepting suggestions for what the replacement should be. After talking to a friend of mine yesterday, it might just be "train for and run a full marathon." Eek! Not quite sure I'm ready to commit to that one yet!

Happy Monday friends! It's good to have my head back above water and be writing again after 27 days away.

xoxo, E


1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth! The Princess sold out in hours! But DisneyLAND has Tinkerbell in May (unfortunately on Mother's Day). Glad you're doing well and having so much fun :)
    Simone

    ReplyDelete