Monday, December 12, 2011

A season of firsts...

For me, Christmas 2011 will always be labeled "a season of firsts."

It's the first time in 18 years that I will not have a Christmas break spanning from 2 - 4 weeks!

It's the first season where I've seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert! Thank you KK and QN!



Also, it's the first year I will not be home for Christmas. Luckily, my parents are coming to my house for the holidays. I have worked so hard to make my apartment feel warm with the Christmas spirit - I cannot wait to show you all of the things I have done! I want it to be a surprise for my parents, so it will have to wait another week and a half!

Oh! A couple things I can share are pictures of the Christmas wreaths and garland that M and I did for our families this season.

Before we went home to Charlotte for Thanksgiving, M and I made wreaths for a few of my family members. We have so much fun doing these projects together.







When we got back to OKC, we went over to his parents' house to do the garland for their front door.



I'm so pleased with how all these projects turned out!

Currently, I am focusing on making 2012 the best year that it can be - what does that entail? Well... I'm setting realistic New Year's Resolutions. I can't remember the last time I set a NYR - but mostly that's because I say, "I want to lose weight. I want to work out more. Blah Blah Blah." No fun.

Instead, this year I'm going to set positive resolutions... I'll give you a sneak peek at the list in-progress... I want to run the OKC half marathon. I was supposed to run it 2 years ago, and got food poisoning two weeks beforehand. This year it WILL happen.

I also need to think of a new "project." For the past year, I have taken a picture everyday to commemorate my first year post-grad. Sunday will be day 365, so I'm in the brainstorming phase of coming up with something new.

Do you set resolutions? But more importantly, do you stick to them?

Live life glamorously,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog- so cute! This is also my first Christmas out of college- luckily I get to sneak home for a few days though. The photos of your wreaths are gorgeous- my mom mailed me a bow to put on my own wreath, a nice touch of home:)
    http://jacquelineparis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete