Thursday, October 9, 2014

Reigniting 26 while 26

I want to start by saying a huge, huge THANK YOU for all of the love and support after yesterday's big Loops & Belles announcement!

Now, moving on to 26 while 26.

I'm going to be real honest with you all... I loved my 25 while 25 challenge, and as excited as I was about my 26 while 26 list, I completely lost all my oomph and motivation to work towards the goal over the last few months.

To be fair (and kind) to myself, all of that motivation and work ethic was thrown into creating Loops & Belles. But now that I've shared the exciting news with you all, I have suddenly found the excitement and drive to reignite the 26 while 26 list!

So, here is a quick little update of where things stand since we last talked:

First and foremost, I haven't spent time in any new cities. Trust me, I'm just as upset about this as you are. But you better believe that I'm trying to make plans for all of the long weekends that are ahead of me in the next few months. You think I'm kidding, don't you?

I've made a hint at progress towards my goal of 26 new tastes this year, including trying mussels and dates. Deeeelicious. Well, more the dates than the mussels.

Oh, I finally decided what that one "TBA" item on the list would be... Looks like this girl will be training for a full marathon in the spring. I'm very excited -- and equally as nervous!

I mentioned that I'll be running a half marathon in Dallas at the end of the month and I plan on accomplishing the following items on the list that weekend:
- Explore Klyde Warren Park (I also plan on trying a variety of Dallas food trucks while I'm there)
- Hunt down as many of the B-G statues in Dallas as possible
- Go Indoor Skydiving

Oh yes, it'll be a busy weekend for sure. But you've got to go big while in Texas, right?!

I've also made some decent progress towards my volunteering goal over the last 2 weeks - including both the AIDS Walk in downtown OKC and ARTonTAP at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.

I really need to get truckin' on my "try 10 new restaurants" goal, but I ventured out to Eischen's in Okarche a few weeks ago. I loved the novelty of it - no plates or utensils, just wax paper and your fingers. The best part was that the food was as good as everyone said it'd be!



I'm so glad I set the goal to see at least one movie a month in the theatre. I forgot just how fun it is to go to the movies!! It doesn't hurt that there are like 4 movies out right now that I want to see. Have you seen any good ones lately??

Finally, my Lettered Letters project has 16 remaining cards to send. As a reminder, this particular project entails sending 100 handwritten letters in a year. Also, it's one of the items on my list that I've enjoyed the most!


I've got some pretty fun plans lined up this weekend - after all, it's one of those three day weekends that I was talking about earlier - and I can't wait to share all of the adventures with you on Monday!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment