Monday, September 30, 2013

Update 25w25

So, it's been a while since my last "25 while 25" update... and I'm nervous to see the progress, or lack thereof, that I've made. But here we go, let's be authentic!

1. Train for and run a half marathon
This goal may have to extend to "25 while 25 - or through my birth month, even if I'm 26." The half marathon I'd hoped to run this fall just isn't going to happen. It's now October and a month of time that I'd planned on training has passed me by. I'm hoping the Spring will be a different story! This will NOT be the item that keeps my 25w25 from being a success!

2. Try 15 new Keep it Local retailers/restaurants
  • I haven't been great about keeping track of this, but the only addition I think I can make is Bricktown Brewery.
In preparation for this post, I got very "Elizabeth" about this goal and decided the only way to achieve it was to get serious and get organized... so, I downloaded the official merchant list for Keep it Local and I've highlighted some spots I want to try. I've also recruited some friends to venture out with me!


3. Try 15 new recipes
So, I should probably start working on this one. But, my friend Bobbie started a new blog this week, and she's doing meal planning! I might just start with a couple of her recipes!

5. Take a calligraphy class
I'm signed up to take a class on December 4th in Dallas, and I'm absolutely GIDDY about it!

10. Buy a new purse
I've been surprised with a couple new purses... does that count?
Phillip Lim for Target//Kate Spade//Kate Spade

11. Send a care package to 3 different people, just because
Sent a necklace to Mommacita from Bow & Arrow

13. Read 5 new books
I'm still "in progress" with the last update -- that's embarrassing

14. Give up sweets for a month
I start October 1st - pray for me - and those around me!

19. Put $25, at a minimum, in savings every month
So far so good!

20. Try 25 new "tastes"
I had my first macaroon when Mommacita and I were in NYC. For those of you who love these French cookies, I'm sure the idea that I first tried one at the old age of 25 is appalling, but now I can say that I have! Added eggplant parmesan - courtesy of "Chef Kasey." I'm working on getting him to teach me to cook. Also, I tried Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese. I've had plenty of pimento cheese in my life, but the hatch chile was a new taste for me!

25. Write a letter to myself that I open at age 30
Boy oh boy, I am going to have a lot of material for this one... navigating life sure seems hard at times!

I'm glad to be back to blogging - but I'm also glad to be refocused on my 25w25 list! Here's to setting - and achieving - goals! xoxo, E

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your taking suggestions for a good book to read... You should pick up The Slight Edge, By Jeff Olson. It will change your life!

    ReplyDelete