I can't tell you how many times I have taken a seat in front of my laptop and tried to craft the first "I'm back" post. Every time has been a complete and utter fail.
To be completely honest, everything I wrote didn't live up to what I was reading on my favorite blogs. Now before you think I compare myself to these amazing women who are successful professionals, creative masterminds or mom's who write about their adorable kids, allow me to explain.
I am drawn to blogs with beautiful pictures, funny stories, great fashion and decor finds, etc - with the occasional "let's be real" post that shed light on some of the negative things that we all deal with in life.
For the last 3 months I have been going through some serious "let's be real" times. Nothing major, but enough that I didn't feel like I could write authentic posts without being the "downer blogger" - and I'd prefer to lose readers due to my absence, rather than my content.
I think I'm at a place in life right now that I can be funny and positive - with the occasional "let's be real" day, and maybe you'll forgive me for it!
So, now that I'm back, let me share a few new things in my life!
1. I have a new job! I'm the Special Events Coordinator at the botanical gardens in OKC. What a beautiful place that I get to call my "office." It's such a blessing that I'm able to be creative, and I absolutely love the people I work with!
I can't tell you the excitement of going to work one day and finding out there are FOURTEEN ducklings now in the lake!
2. In March, I went to Breckenridge with the bf's family.
I "learned" to ski - and absolutely hated it. Lol. But at least I have a couple cute pictures from the experience! Annnnd I had to promise M and my parents that I would try again - let's hope that day isn't coming too soon.
We also went on a sleigh ride, snow tubing, snowmobiling and dog sledding! SO fun!
3. I turned 24... moving on...
4. Mere's Bridal Shower was a success! I seriously could not have done it without Mommacita. It's quite a feat to prepare enough food for 20 people and transport all food and decor 3 hours south to the Big D!
5. I moved to a new apartment.
6. We got a puppy!
Meet Bella, our sweet boxer lab mix. We rescued her, and she has been such a blessing to us. I'm so in love with that sweet puppy! ... and I take FAR too many pictures of her. #ProudPuppyParent
She's been asking to do a few blog posts, so I'll have to see what I can do about that.
I have to say, it feels really good to be back! Thank you for joining me (once again) on this journey to live a glamorous life post-college!